Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Backing up an Windows XP pc

Backing up an Windows XP pc

ErmYouKnow

Hello all,

I'm about to take install various software (Mozilla and Eudora), and would
like to backup my system onto DVD. Reason being is that I have previously
had Mozilla on my computer and for some reason I uninstalled it and used IE.
The problem is, when i went back to IE, webpages looked so much different
(the text was a LOT bigger (twice the size)) compared to before I installed
Mozilla.

Now previously when I had Windows 98se I could backup my drive onto another
drive using Norton Ghost (version 2002 I think). I used a Norton Ghost boot
disk to create the backup. But now that I've got Windows XP and using a
NTFS file partition I don't know if I could use the same method (using a
Ghost boot disk to create the backup) if I where to go out and purchase the
latest version.

Does the latest version of Ghost still use the same process of backing up a
harddrive (i.e. using a Ghost boot disk).

Regards,

ErmYouKnow

anyone?
"ErmYouKnow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt4916$lqe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all,
>
> I'm about to take install various software (Mozilla and Eudora), and would
> like to backup my system onto DVD. Reason being is that I have previously
> had Mozilla on my computer and for some reason I uninstalled it and used

IE.
> The problem is, when i went back to IE, webpages looked so much different
> (the text was a LOT bigger (twice the size)) compared to before I

installed
> Mozilla.
>
> Now previously when I had Windows 98se I could backup my drive onto

another
> drive using Norton Ghost (version 2002 I think). I used a Norton Ghost

boot
> disk to create the backup. But now that I've got Windows XP and using a
> NTFS file partition I don't know if I could use the same method (using a
> Ghost boot disk to create the backup) if I where to go out and purchase

the
> latest version.
>
> Does the latest version of Ghost still use the same process of backing up

> harddrive (i.e. using a Ghost boot disk).
>
> Regards,

Billh

Yes you can set it up to use the boot disk but Ghost 2003 has a nice feature
where you set up what you want Ghost to do say backup your hard drive to a
DVD burner and Ghost will reboot your computer turn back on run the back up
and then reboot back to windows for you no floppy needed.

"ErmYouKnow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bt51bq$404$(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone?
> "ErmYouKnow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bt4916$lqe$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm about to take install various software (Mozilla and Eudora), and

would
> > like to backup my system onto DVD. Reason being is that I have

previously
> > had Mozilla on my computer and for some reason I uninstalled it and used

> IE.
> > The problem is, when i went back to IE, webpages looked so much

different
> > (the text was a LOT bigger (twice the size)) compared to before I

> installed
> > Mozilla.
> >
> > Now previously when I had Windows 98se I could backup my drive onto

> another
> > drive using Norton Ghost (version 2002 I think). I used a Norton Ghost

> boot
> > disk to create the backup. But now that I've got Windows XP and using a
> > NTFS file partition I don't know if I could use the same method (using a
> > Ghost boot disk to create the backup) if I where to go out and purchase

> the
> > latest version.
> >
> > Does the latest version of Ghost still use the same process of backing

up
> > harddrive (i.e. using a Ghost boot disk).
> >
> > Regards,

ErmYouKnow

Thank you Billh, much appreciated.
news:3ff5f178$0$31869$(E-Mail Removed) m...