Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Repair IE V6

Repair IE V6

Nick

A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
CDROM.

Unk

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:49:31 -0000, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
>,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
>ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
>cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
>Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
>CDROM.

Just reinstall it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.asp
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...ds/default.asp

Further Info:
http://aumha.org/elist/trenches.htm
http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_r...e_and_oe_6.htm

How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express
in Windows XP:
http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/howto-03.html

wrote:

>A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
>,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
>ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
>cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
>Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
>CDROM.

Here's another way:
This is the small installer for IE6. It doesn't even require a browser,
just an internet connection.
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/ie6setup.exe
You can also just copy & paste the entire above link line into the Start,
Run box. (It works, I already tried it)

Right-click the link and "Save Target As". Save the small installer (479K)
to a floppy. Run it on his machine with an internet connection.

Nick

Cheers mate ,,downloaded ,give it a go ,,,but i feel a FORMAT coming on.

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:49:31 -0000, "Nick" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A

PROB
> >,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
> >ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error

message,but
> >cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
> >Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
> >CDROM.
> >

> Here's another way:
> This is the small installer for IE6. It doesn't even require a browser,
> just an internet connection.

http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...S/ie6setup.exe
> You can also just copy & paste the entire above link line into the Start,
> Run box. (It works, I already tried it)
>
> Right-click the link and "Save Target As". Save the small installer

(479K)
> to a floppy. Run it on his machine with an internet connection.

mAineAc

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 00:49:31 +0000, Nick wrote:

> A mate keeps getting a Windows IE error along the lines"IE HAS CAUSED A PROB
> ,PLEASE SEND YOUR ERROR TO MICROSOFT" everytime he starts IE.,,then what
> ever button you press YES or NO IE shuts down,did have the Error message,but
> cos i'm an old git now ,i've lost it!.
> Basicly need to know how to repairIE with a XP PC ,with only a restore
> CDROM.

go to start >> run type 'sfc /scannow'

mAineAc