Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE 5.5 Won't Justify My Text

OE 5.5 Won't Justify My Text

Stephanie

The email I send in OE 5.5 appears differently in the "Sent Mail" folder
than the email that is composed. Also, when people reply to it, I can see
from the quoted text that my emails look weird to them. For example, look at
the sample below:

"Please note that for either of the above, but especially Airmail Parcel
Post, shipping times could possibly be longer, depending on how fast your
local
post office delivery is, and also depending on how long the package takes
to get through Customs."

See how "local" is by itself on one line? This is how it appears after it is
sent in my "sent Mai" folder, but that is not how it appeared before I sent
it. It looked perfectly fine, with "local" in the line above it with the
other text. I have my settings set to plain text mail, 76 characters per
line, and MIME.

This happens all the time. I have standard emails in a special folder in "My
documents", and I use these as templates to send emails I send out over and
over again. They were once "html text" instead of plain text", and the
characters per line may have been different, but I tried converting them,
and hitting "backspace" and "return" to get all the lines to appear normal,
but nothing works. Apparently, I have not been successful in doing this.
this is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any help!

Stephanie

°Mike°

Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:59:27 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Stephanie scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Stephanie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".

Thanks Mike! The problem is, I know of no way to view the hidden codes, such
as hard breaks, in OE 5.5. Unlike MS Word. I went back and checked my email
draft, by highlighting the space after "local", and you cannot tell from
that if it is just a space, or a hard break.

S.

°Mike°

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 17:48:43 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Stephanie scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Make absolutely sure that there is no hard break after the word "local".
>>

>Thanks Mike! The problem is, I know of no way to view the hidden codes, such
>as hard breaks, in OE 5.5. Unlike MS Word. I went back and checked my email
>draft, by highlighting the space after "local", and you cannot tell from
>that if it is just a space, or a hard break.

Simply delete the two letters either side, so:

"... how fast your
local
post office delivery ..."

becomes:

"... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."

and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:

"... how fast your local post office delivery ..."

--
Basic computer maintenance

Stephanie

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Simply delete the two letters either side, so:
>
> "... how fast your
> local
> post office delivery ..."
>
> becomes:
>
> "... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."
>
> and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:
>
> "... how fast your local post office delivery ..."

Thanks again Mike! I will do that. The problem is I am going to have to do
this with my entire email, which is quite long, as well as all the other
email drafts I have. and I never know what two words have a hard break
between them. It is so weird, that I probably will end up just re-typing the
whole thing in plain text this time!

S.

°Mike°

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 18:18:26 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Stephanie scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Simply delete the two letters either side, so:
>>
>> "... how fast your
>> local
>> post office delivery ..."
>>
>> becomes:
>>
>> "... how fast your locaost office delivery ..."
>>
>> and then reinsert the lost letters and a SPACE, like:
>>
>> "... how fast your local post office delivery ..."
>>

>Thanks again Mike! I will do that. The problem is I am going to have to do
>this with my entire email, which is quite long, as well as all the other
>email drafts I have. and I never know what two words have a hard break
>between them. It is so weird, that I probably will end up just re-typing the
>whole thing in plain text this time!
>
>S.

You could always use a good text editor, like UltraEdit, to reformat
the paragraphs. You could also use your favourite word processor,
but save the reformatted email as a plain text file.
http://www.ultraedit.com/

--
Basic computer maintenance