Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > iexplore.exe

iexplore.exe

manpitt

I am unable to access Internet Explorer 6.0. I get the message that
it is unable to find iexplore.exe.
I had just finished downloading an upgrade for DirectX from Microsoft
support, which apparently has caused the problem somehow.
I would uninstall the upgrade but am unable to locate it, and
Microsoft will not support uninstalling it.
Does anyone know how to get the iexplore.exe file?
I am using Win98SE.

Thanks,

Joe W

°Mike°

Copy/Paste the following into your Start / Run box (all one line):

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g

If that doesn't work, try:

rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 C:\windows\inf\ie.inf

And if THAT doesn't work, try just:

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:24:10 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
manpitt scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 20:24:10 GMT, manpitt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to get the iexplore.exe file?
>I am using Win98SE.

Right click on the Start button then choose Search to find the
iexplore.exe file.

Then make a new shortcut to the file on your desktop.

If it's not anywhere on the machine then you'll have to download it
again:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...q=ie6+download