Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help with setting up Forte Agent 1.93 needed...

Help with setting up Forte Agent 1.93 needed...

Murgi

I just purchased Forte Agent (version 1.93) after getting dissatisfied
with OE 6.0.
Since I don't have a real manual it's a bit bothersome to wade through
all the huge Help files.
Anyway, I have downloaded the big list of international newsgroups and
can read them. I can also send email which can be received at the
other end.
Furthermore, I can respond to messages and send new mail to the
newsgroups...
The only problem is that they never arrive!!!

There must be something wrong in my settings:

News NNTP Server: news.uncensored-news.com
Mail SMTP Server: mail.da2.so-net.ne.jp
Email: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp

The same problem occurs when trying to receive email although the POP
Server has been set to: pop.da2.so-net.ne.jp

A message pops up and says:
"You must use Options/Inbound Email dialog to configure your POP
account before you can perform this operation."
There is not much else to configure.

Is there a step-by-step instruction on the Internet (with screenshots)
that shows me how to set it up properly.
I'd also like to set up another account for a local newsgroup list of
a computer user group. How do I achieve this one? Sorry for having so
many questions, but Japan is virtually a dead place during the New
Year's holidays. Nobody to ask...

I am sending this message through the Yahoo Groups... the only way I
know when no newsreader works.

With kind regards and a Happy New Year (only 7 hours to go in Tokyo)

Murgi

Boomer

(E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp (Murgi) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) m:

> I just purchased Forte Agent (version 1.93) after getting
> dissatisfied with OE 6.0.

Maybe read this group or ask there?
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

Happy New Year to you also.

> Since I don't have a real manual it's a bit bothersome to wade
> through all the huge Help files.
> Anyway, I have downloaded the big list of international newsgroups
> and can read them. I can also send email which can be received at
> the other end.
> Furthermore, I can respond to messages and send new mail to the
> newsgroups...
> The only problem is that they never arrive!!!
>
> There must be something wrong in my settings:
>
> News NNTP Server: news.uncensored-news.com
> Mail SMTP Server: mail.da2.so-net.ne.jp
> Email: (E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp
>
> The same problem occurs when trying to receive email although the
> POP Server has been set to: pop.da2.so-net.ne.jp
>
> A message pops up and says:
> "You must use Options/Inbound Email dialog to configure your POP
> account before you can perform this operation."
> There is not much else to configure.
>
> Is there a step-by-step instruction on the Internet (with
> screenshots) that shows me how to set it up properly.
> I'd also like to set up another account for a local newsgroup list
> of a computer user group. How do I achieve this one? Sorry for
> having so many questions, but Japan is virtually a dead place
> during the New Year's holidays. Nobody to ask...
>
> I am sending this message through the Yahoo Groups... the only way
> I know when no newsreader works.
>
> With kind regards and a Happy New Year (only 7 hours to go in
> Tokyo)
>
> Murgi

why?

On 31 Dec 2003 00:15:44 -0800, Murgi wrote:

>I just purchased Forte Agent (version 1.93) after getting dissatisfied
>with OE 6.0.
>Since I don't have a real manual it's a bit bothersome to wade through
>all the huge Help files.

RTFM, use the search / index provided.

<snip>

>The same problem occurs when trying to receive email although the POP
>Server has been set to: pop.da2.so-net.ne.jp

Online / View Error Log, see if there is any additional info.

>A message pops up and says:
>"You must use Options/Inbound Email dialog to configure your POP
>account before you can perform this operation."
>There is not much else to configure.
>
>Is there a step-by-step instruction on the Internet (with screenshots)
>that shows me how to set it up properly.

Maybe, you could ask in the FA newsgroup.
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

Browse / Search posts from that group
http://groups.google.com/groups?grou...er.forte-agent

>I'd also like to set up another account for a local newsgroup list of
>a computer user group. How do I achieve this one? Sorry for having so

Until v2 is out, which will have multiple servers. You need to do either
(this is a quick run down, going out soon. Also see
http://jlbradley.home.att.net/ )

Install a second copy of Agent to a different directory, and configure
for the other server.

Or,
Copy the data directory structure / agent.ini to a new directory. Edit
the agent.ini for the new directory paths. Create a shortcut to the exe
(n the original location) and change the startup path properties to the
new location.

Again see the FA newsgroup, it's a common question and step by step
notes were/are in there usually.

>many questions, but Japan is virtually a dead place during the New

<snip>

Me

Broderick Johnson

On 31 Dec 2003 00:15:44 -0800, (E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp (Murgi)
wrote:

>I just purchased Forte Agent (version 1.93) after getting dissatisfied
>with OE 6.0.
>Since I don't have a real manual it's a bit bothersome to wade through
>all the huge Help files.
>Anyway, I have downloaded the big list of international newsgroups and
>can read them. I can also send email which can be received at the
>other end.
>Furthermore, I can respond to messages and send new mail to the
>newsgroups...
>The only problem is that they never arrive!!!
>
>There must be something wrong in my settings:
>
>News NNTP Server: news.uncensored-news.com
>Mail SMTP Server: mail.da2.so-net.ne.jp
>Email: (E-Mail Removed)-net.ne.jp
>
>The same problem occurs when trying to receive email although the POP
>Server has been set to: pop.da2.so-net.ne.jp
>
>A message pops up and says:
>"You must use Options/Inbound Email dialog to configure your POP
>account before you can perform this operation."
>There is not much else to configure.
>
>Is there a step-by-step instruction on the Internet (with screenshots)
>that shows me how to set it up properly.
>I'd also like to set up another account for a local newsgroup list of
>a computer user group. How do I achieve this one? Sorry for having so
>many questions, but Japan is virtually a dead place during the New
>Year's holidays. Nobody to ask...
>
>I am sending this message through the Yahoo Groups... the only way I
>know when no newsreader works.
>
>With kind regards and a Happy New Year (only 7 hours to go in Tokyo)
>
>Murgi

I had the same problem.
On th emenu bar go to > Options > Inbound Email.
The box opens by default to Systems
Make sure all the boxes are filled in and you're in bizness!

Happy New Near to Nou Noo!