Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > virus??

virus??

Djoker

Is there a virus out there that would make programs think you were not
online, or behind a firewall? All of a sudden my browsers won't work
right, can't locate any sites, winmx says it can't connect because of
a firewall, and other assorted programs tell me I need to connect to
the internet before using them. Agent, and newsserver seem to be
working okay, unless I turn it off while online and try to restart it
before I reboot system.. Win98 Se.

Dan

°Mike°

Check your internet proxy settings; check for QHosts
trojan, and any other hijackers.

QHOSTS
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=37191
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/anal...ojqhosts1.html