Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Configuring fax Help Needed

Configuring fax Help Needed

sexton1

I am having trouble fax. I am running XP pro.

I started with add/remove prog, in Windows Components Wizard then selected
fax, when I got to where you insert windows xp pro CD rom, go this:

Setup cannot copy the file fxscfgwz.dll, at wits end
any suggestions on what I need to do??

I have a HI-VAL pci data/fax modem 56k. Got a headache............

°Mike°

When you attempt to install the Windows XP Fax Services,
you receive 'Cannot copy file fxscfgwz.dll'
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6983.htm

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:40:03 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
sexton1 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

sexton1 wrote:
> I am having trouble fax. I am running XP pro.
>
> I started with add/remove prog, in Windows Components Wizard then
> selected fax, when I got to where you insert windows xp pro CD rom,
> go this:
>
> Setup cannot copy the file fxscfgwz.dll, at wits end
> any suggestions on what I need to do??
>
> I have a HI-VAL pci data/fax modem 56k. Got a headache............

Haveing just seen °Mike°'s link, my suspicion is reinforced !

Put the XP-CD in drive, exit 'Splash Screen'
Do above *before* going to 'Add/Remove Windows Components'

I just installed the fax-software myself haveing put the CD in *first*.

Doug Branham

Thank You So much Mike and Patrick.........Doug
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When you attempt to install the Windows XP Fax Services,
> you receive 'Cannot copy file fxscfgwz.dll'
> http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6983.htm
>

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:40:03 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> sexton1 scrawled:
>
> >I am having trouble fax. I am running XP pro.
> >
> >I started with add/remove prog, in Windows Components Wizard then

selected
> >fax, when I got to where you insert windows xp pro CD rom, go this:
> >
> >Setup cannot copy the file fxscfgwz.dll, at wits end
> >any suggestions on what I need to do??
> >
> >I have a HI-VAL pci data/fax modem 56k. Got a headache............
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome.