Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanner / Camera conflict(?)

Scanner / Camera conflict(?)

ratzz

Hello all...

I have a scanner installed on my PC using TWAIN drivers and I have just
purchased a digi camera that is USB.

The digital camera installs ok, and is present in "Scanners and Cameras",
but when I go into any of my imaging software, it will not see the camera,
only the scanner.

I have used "Select Source" which does not find the camera, and also
unplugged the scanner. I've tried disabling it.

Any advice would be a real help....

Using W98.

Thanks all...

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:30:27 -0000, "ratzz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The digital camera installs ok, and is present in "Scanners and Cameras",
>but when I go into any of my imaging software, it will not see the camera,
>only the scanner.

Does the camera have a TWAIN interface or does it present itself as a
new drive? In "My Computer" look to see if you have a new drive after
connecting the camera...

regards
Marcus

Mara

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 18:30:27 -0000, ratzz wrote:

>Hello all...
>
>I have a scanner installed on my PC using TWAIN drivers and I have just
>purchased a digi camera that is USB.
>
>The digital camera installs ok, and is present in "Scanners and Cameras",
>but when I go into any of my imaging software, it will not see the camera,
>only the scanner.
>
>I have used "Select Source" which does not find the camera, and also
>unplugged the scanner. I've tried disabling it.
>
>Any advice would be a real help....

I'm probably asking the obvious, but do you have the camera on?

--
The major difference about 'targeted marketing' on the Internet is the
targets can and will shoot back. -- Gym "Often with heavier weapons." Quirk

Adelphia groups

UPGRADE past win 98 Nothing is being made for it anymore.
Bypass 2000 if you can, you can use Linux/MAC, WinXP
1998 -2004 That is 6 (SIX) years ago.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:45:24 GMT, Adelphia groups wrote:

>UPGRADE past win 98 Nothing is being made for it anymore.
>Bypass 2000 if you can, you can use Linux/MAC, WinXP
>1998 -2004 That is 6 (SIX) years ago.

Here's a quick clue - it helps a lot if you take care to reply to the right
poster.

And I see no reason to bypass 2000, since IMHO it's the best of the M$ OSs -
I've been running it on multiple machines for years, and it's fast, stable, and
a much better OS than XP.

And I still run 98 occasionally, since I am able to support it myself. I don't
give a damn if an OS is 20 years old, as long as it's stable, does what it's
supposed to do, and doesn't allow its writers control of my machine.

"That can be accomplished with virtually any OS, except perhaps Windows ME, and
XP onwards. Plus, your reply does _nothing_ to help the OP. Also, I should
mention that your client is non-compliant. "

<snip>

--

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>1998 -2004 That is 6 (SIX) years ago.

And Win 98 still works just fine on millions of machines around the
world...!

Brian H

> On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:45:24 GMT, "Adelphia groups"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> 1998 -2004 That is 6 (SIX) years ago.

> And Win 98 still works just fine on millions of machines around the
> world...!

Hey, even 100 year old cars are still working today.

--
Ya don't see those buggers getting scrapped every couple of years.