Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet conn sharing

Internet conn sharing

caribsurf

how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp pro?

gangle

You can't use a dial up connection simultaneously on
two computers. You have to take turns.

"caribsurf" wrote
> how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp pro?

marcus@myrealbox.com

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:43:10 -0400, "caribsurf"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp pro?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...orking/ics.asp

michael turner

caribsurf wrote:
> how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp
> pro?

Get the two machines networked, ethernet, USB, whatever. Then configure
Windows internet sharing options. One machine with the modem and phone-line
will have to be on and connected to the 'net before the other machine can
access the 'net.

why?

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 11:43:10 -0400, caribsurf wrote:

>how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp pro?

Netgear www.netgear.com I think had a dial up router , it's been a while
since I last looked.

http://www.netgear.com/products/deta...328S.asp?view=
nope it was dial up as a backup connection, may it will work as the
primary connection?

Or
http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/C...sheets/487.asp

The multitech was found using www.google.com

Me

ErmYouKnow

Pah, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

terca_1@lycos.com

> Netgear www.netgear.com I think had a dial up router , it's been a while
> since I last looked.
>
> http://www.netgear.com/products/deta...328S.asp?view=
> nope it was dial up as a backup connection, may it will work as the
> primary connection?

I don't have a comment on that equipment, but I suggest you consider
that NetGear has an unsatisfactory rating from the Better Business
Bureau:
http://www.bbbsilicon.org/common.htm...&compid=210357

why?

On 2 Jan 2004 08:21:19 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>> Netgear www.netgear.com I think had a dial up router , it's been a while
>> since I last looked.
>>
>> http://www.netgear.com/products/deta...328S.asp?view=
>> nope it was dial up as a backup connection, may it will work as the
>> primary connection?

>I don't have a comment on that equipment, but I suggest you consider
>that NetGear has an unsatisfactory rating from the Better Business
>Bureau:
>http://www.bbbsilicon.org/common.htm...&compid=210357

Been happy with my RT314 and GS104, and various hubs and switches used
at work over many years.

Have 1 issue with a 11 month old faulty NIC, trying to sort via email at
present.

Me