Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > lexmark printer

lexmark printer

luvtogofast

I installed a Lexmark p707 printer on Windows XP.
After a successful install, the windows "found new hardware" keeps
comming up. When I click on it, a window comes up and tells me an
error occoured because windows cannot find the specified device.
how can i make it go away, the printer works fine.

Mike

Harrison

Welcome to Lexmark printing!

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:52:44 -0500, luvtogofast
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I installed a Lexmark p707 printer on Windows XP.
>After a successful install, the windows "found new hardware" keeps
>comming up. When I click on it, a window comes up and tells me an
>error occoured because windows cannot find the specified device.
>how can i make it go away, the printer works fine.
>

>Mike

Boomer

luvtogofast <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I installed a Lexmark p707 printer on Windows XP.
> After a successful install, the windows "found new hardware" keeps
> comming up. When I click on it, a window comes up and tells me an
> error occoured because windows cannot find the specified device.
> how can i make it go away, the printer works fine.
>

> Mike

http://support.lexmark.com/ or an XP newsgroup or printer group?

L Beck

I had a similar problem installing my Lexmark all-in-one. Ended up
uninstalling it totally, disconnecting it, then restoring XP to a date
before I started trying. Then when I installed it again I let Windows "find
new hardware" and then used the CD software for the driver, as it was one of
the choices. It would then print fine AND let me use the console, and I
didn't keep getting the "found new hardware" window.

HTH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...