Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > xp taskbar

xp taskbar

Barry

How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

Kay

> How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

Drap and Drop it to the taskbar required

Mr.SlippyFist

Drag and drop the shortcut of the program you want into the quick lauch
area.

"Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

PowerPost2000

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,

Here's how I do it.

go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
..exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.

you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
first, not sure.

John Holmes

PowerPost2000 came up with this:

> you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
> first, not sure.

So you like to create duplicate files?
If you are not sure giving advice, please don't....

--
"It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."

Harrison

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,
>>

>Here's how I do it.
>
>go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
>.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
>
>you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
>first, not sure.

That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
moved.

°Mike°

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Harrison scrawled:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 12:58:23 -0600, "Barry" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>How do you add a program to your taskbar quick launch in windows xp,,,,,
>>>

>>Here's how I do it.
>>
>>go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
>>.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
>>
>>you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
>>first, not sure.

>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
>moved.

Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

--
Basic computer maintenance

PowerPost2000

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:42:04 +0000, °Mike°
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Harrison scrawled:
>
>>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:35:33 -0500, PowerPost2000 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Here's how I do it.
>>>
>>>go to the folder where the program is and create a shortcut of the
>>>.exe. then drag and drop it into the quick launch area.
>>>
>>>you might also be able to D&D the .exe without making the shortcut
>>>first, not sure.

>>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
>>moved.

>Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
>holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
>choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

Which windows was it where dragging and dropping an .exe would made a
shortcut, rather than moving or copying the exe? One of them did it.

Barry

It works, i should of thought of that,,,thanks everyone so much,,,
"PowerPost2000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:42:04 +0000, °Mike°
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
> > <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > Harrison scrawled:

xp,,,,,

> >>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
> >>moved.

> >Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
> >holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
> >choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

> Which windows was it where dragging and dropping an .exe would made a
> shortcut, rather than moving or copying the exe? One of them did it.

°Mike°

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:11:49 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
PowerPost2000 scrawled:

>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 21:42:04 +0000, °Mike°
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:38:58 -0500, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Harrison scrawled:

>>>That would be a no. If you drag and drop the .exe, then the .exe gets
>>>moved.

>>Actually, that would be yes. You simply drag and drop the .exe whilst
>>holding the SHIFT and CTRL keys. Alternatively, right button drag, and
>>choose 'Create shortcut here', when released.

>Which windows was it where dragging and dropping an .exe would made a
>shortcut, rather than moving or copying the exe? One of them did it.

None, that I know of -- and I don't see why it should.

--
Basic computer maintenance