Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Big Brother?

Reply
Thread Tools

Big Brother?

 
 
ilmc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and my
pc power'd down.
WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
gtg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
"ilmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and

my
> pc power'd down. ^^
> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
>

sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..

thanks









 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
ilmc said:

> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and my
> pc power'd down.
> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?


LOL

I think his taste is more cuntry


 
Reply With Quote
 
Mike
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:30:40 GMT, in
<kQIHb.514$(E-Mail Removed)>
gtg scrawled:

>"ilmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and

>my
>> pc power'd down. ^^
>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
>>

>sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
>term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
>
>thanks


I'm not sure that ilmc used it correctly, but here's what it means:

What does (sic) mean?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-23558,00.html

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
ilmc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
gtg typed:
> "ilmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
>> drive, and my pc power'd down. ^^
>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
>>

> sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive
> seen this term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
>
> thanks


"sic" == "as reported", i.e., I may be crap at spelling, but this one wasn't
mine
<eg>


 
Reply With Quote
 
ilmc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Brian H typed:
> ilmc said:
>
>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
>> drive, and my pc power'd down.
>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

>
> LOL
>
> I think his taste is more cuntry


cuntry (sic)?

Or are we going down a prOn topic?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
gtg said:

> "ilmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD drive, and my
>> pc power'd down. ^^
>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
>>

> sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive seen this
> term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
>
> thanks


OED
used, spelt, etc, as written (confirming, or calling attention to, the form of
quoted or copied words).
[L, = so, thus]


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
ilmc said:

> X-No-Archive: Yes
> Brian H typed:
>> ilmc said:
>>
>>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
>>> drive, and my pc power'd down.
>>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?

>>
>> LOL
>>
>> I think his taste is more cuntry

>
> cuntry (sic)?
>
> Or are we going down a prOn topic?


LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.
No, no I won't be dragged into it.


 
Reply With Quote
 
ilmc
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
X-No-Archive: Yes
Mike typed:
> On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:30:40 GMT, in
> <kQIHb.514$(E-Mail Removed)>
> gtg scrawled:
>
>> "ilmc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:bsnl0b$ed4b7$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
>>> I just stuffed Beethoven's 9th (sic from cd cover)into the DVD
>>> drive, and my pc power'd down. ^^
>>> WTF? Doesn't Bill like "Ode to Joy"?
>>>

>> sorry to jump onto your post, but perhaps you can educate me, ive
>> seen this term a lot but never looked into what it means "sic"?..
>>
>> thanks

>
> I'm not sure that ilmc used it correctly, but here's what it means:
>
> What does (sic) mean?
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqu...-23558,00.html
>

Wheeel, I wus close



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob K
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-28-2003
Brian H wrote in <ndJHb.12260$(E-Mail Removed)>
:

>> Or are we going down a prOn topic?

>
> LOL, I'm stopping right there mate.



sic transit gloria mundi.


--
My E-mail address in ROT-13:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIDS 2009 .Net:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf ASP .Net 0 12-26-2008 09:29 AM
GIDS 2009 .Net:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf ASP .Net Web Controls 0 12-26-2008 06:11 AM
GIDS 2009 Java:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf Python 0 12-24-2008 07:35 AM
GIDS 2009 Java:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf Ruby 0 12-24-2008 05:07 AM
Big JARs = Big Problems? kk_oop@yahoo.com Java 11 09-18-2005 05:54 PM



Advertisments