Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > External Hard Drive

External Hard Drive

Arnold H. Hollander

Hi,
I just purchased a external hard drive by Acom Data. I only plan to use
this as a backup for all my data, I have a 13 Gb drive and the external
holds 60 Gb. Is this ok or should I have purchased a dvd burner? I also
have a zip drive but it only handles 100Mb. I have limited storage
capability for cds, zip cartridges and dvds. Hopefully I did the right
thing. The drive is still in the box and returnable if you think I made a
mistake.
Thanks for the advice.

dfederic

I got a pc 20 GB ipod for xmas which is not only for music but is a backup
drive also. I use a firewire and is faster that cd writing. I'm not a mac
user but
this item is great. Check it out. You also can play your music on any fm
radio.
Just a note.

"Arnold H. Hollander" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:_hHHb.153$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi,
> I just purchased a external hard drive by Acom Data. I only plan to use
> this as a backup for all my data, I have a 13 Gb drive and the external
> holds 60 Gb. Is this ok or should I have purchased a dvd burner? I also
> have a zip drive but it only handles 100Mb. I have limited storage
> capability for cds, zip cartridges and dvds. Hopefully I did the right
> thing. The drive is still in the box and returnable if you think I made a
> mistake.
> Thanks for the advice.

Kráftéé

dfederic wrote:
> I got a pc 20 GB ipod for xmas which is not only for music but is a
> backup drive also. I use a firewire and is faster that cd writing.
> I'm not a mac user but
> this item is great. Check it out. You also can play your music on
> any fm radio.

Are you saying that it's a broadband FM transmitter as well, if so it will
be illegal in most countries

dfederic

No it play the music you have within the ipod using a non assigned station.
news:6nJHb.12272$(E-Mail Removed)...