Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HD reformatting

HD reformatting

Louis AAA

I tried to network and that issue failed leaving my HD in a real mess. I
tried to reinstall Windows XP Home to end up with a split HD. Systemax sold
me this system with a 60Gig HD and the recovery software split the HD into
two particians. How ever somehow I can't access the second part of the HD
and now I have to choose which to boot to as if the second part is running a
different OS yet I can't boot from the second section although I have tried.
Recovery and Restore software will not work at all.
HD is Samsung SV6003H. I want to find a utility that will allow me to
reformat the HD. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Louis

Harrison

Did you receive a Windows XP disk or just the recovery disks?

If you have the XP disk, boot the computer with the CD and use the
disk partitioning utility in Windows setup to delete any unwanted
partitions, create new ones, and format them as desired.

To restore the boot record so that you won't be prompted to choose,
use the fixmbr command.
http://tinyurl.com/omd4