Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > directx/3d vsync on/off

directx/3d vsync on/off

gtg

Hi,

Using winxp. Nvidia 53.03 drivers. I see an option in the opengl settings
for vsync on/off, but dont see the same option for the direct3d...

Is the option elsewhere or is it not available to change direct3d vsync
on/off somewhere else?

TIA

°Mike°

<Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>

Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml

"...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
be played without VSYNC."

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:44:07 GMT, in
<rLDHb.222$(E-Mail Removed)>
gtg scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

gtg

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>
> Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
> http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml
>
> "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
> cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
> be played without VSYNC."

hmmm damn those MS folk.....

thanks for the info

°Mike°

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:40:29 GMT, in
<hAEHb.271$(E-Mail Removed)>
gtg scrawled:

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <Followup-To set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk>
>>
>> Unraveling the mystery of VSYNC
>> http://www.d-silence.com/video/vsync1.shtml
>>
>> "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
>> cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
>> be played without VSYNC."
>>

>hmmm damn those MS folk.....
>
>thanks for the info

You're welcome.

--
Basic computer maintenance

tq96

> "...in order to receive Microsoft's WHQL certification, this option
> cannot be available. Microsoft does not want Direct3D games to
> be played without VSYNC."

It's still available for the game to change it, though. There's so much
tearing in Silent Hill 3, that I'm sure it turns off the vsync option.

Flow

Lol,actually it's set at AUTO by default,leaving the app to decide on or
off.
I always have it at auto,gives best performance,and if a game benefits from
off then you prolly can set it to off in the game itself.
NVHARDPAGE gives an excellent overview from what's on and off for both
D3D and opengl. Also it has build in coolbits for enabling overclocking tabs
and the vsybc option for D3D.
But the coolbits registry hack is as good as it gets.
..

"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...