Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > regsvr32 msxml3.dll???

regsvr32 msxml3.dll???

Missteak

Hi All

I had a problem with MS Money that refused to run. Then some kind soul
suggested I run the following from the Run command: regsvr32 msxml3.dll and
it worked.
Now I am curious as to what this command actually does/did? Can any one
enlighten me?

Thanks & regards,

Missteak.

°Mike°

Msxml3.dll is a Microsoft XML parser dynamic link library. It is
obviously needed by MS Money, but wasn't registered as installed
by the system. Using the "regsvr32" command on the .dll registers
the file, and the system now recognises it.

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:17:35 -0000, in
<bsmvn6$gut$1$(E-Mail Removed)>
Missteak scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

why?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:17:35 -0000, Missteak wrote:

>Hi All
>
>I had a problem with MS Money that refused to run. Then some kind soul
>suggested I run the following from the Run command: regsvr32 msxml3.dll and
>it worked.
>Now I am curious as to what this command actually does/did? Can any one
>enlighten me?

What regsvr does and command line
<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/proddocs/regsvr32.asp>
or shorter http://makeashorterlink.com/?D1ED217E6

about the same
http://www.liutilities.com/products/...rary/regsvr32/

Better page
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q249/8/73.asp&NoWebContent=1>
or shorter http://makeashorterlink.com/?L10E657E6

The other file msxml3.dll, is an xml parser
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...xmlgeneral.asp

Very simply some library functions MS Money required could not be found.
The regsvr add the functions in the dll to a list of commands.

Me

Missteak

Thanks Guys,

Much appreciated.
To think that it took me ages trying to sort out the problem then you clever
guys sorted it out in a couple of minutes.
Thanks again to all of you for your input, time and help.

Regards

Missteak

"Missteak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsmvn6$gut$1$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All
>
> I had a problem with MS Money that refused to run. Then some kind soul
> suggested I run the following from the Run command: regsvr32 msxml3.dll

and
> it worked.
> Now I am curious as to what this command actually does/did? Can any one
> enlighten me?
>
> Thanks & regards,
>
> Missteak.

regsvr32 FAILS Papp György Windows 64bit 5 02-14-2006 09:28 AM
using assemblies registered with regsvr32 Grant Merwitz ASP .Net 2 08-26-2005 11:20 AM
Regsvr32??? anOLDun Computer Support 1 02-17-2005 02:26 AM
regsvr32 refresher needed Richard Computer Support 1 01-03-2005 10:14 AM
Regsvr32.exe /i shdocvw.dll ran for IE6 - any potential harm ? Michael Computer Support 2 09-04-2003 09:47 PM

Advertisments