Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Explorer is running bad sites in the background

Internet Explorer is running bad sites in the background

BEEK

Hello all...this is my first post on these boards...thanks ahead of
time for any assistance that anyone can offer!

My computer seemed to be running sluggish so I opened up task manager
to see what was going on and I had instances of IE running with very
bad web sites loaded. They appear to be running in the background. I
can't ALT-TAB to them to close them...but I can close them with task
manager, but almost immediately a new one opens on its own.

I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, and some other lesser known
utilities...but nothing seems to help this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

BEEK

pcbutts1

Did you update those programs before you ran them?

"BEEK" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Hello all...this is my first post on these boards...thanks ahead of
> time for any assistance that anyone can offer!
>
> My computer seemed to be running sluggish so I opened up task manager
> to see what was going on and I had instances of IE running with very
> bad web sites loaded. They appear to be running in the background. I
> can't ALT-TAB to them to close them...but I can close them with task
> manager, but almost immediately a new one opens on its own.
>
> I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, and some other lesser known
> utilities...but nothing seems to help this.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!
>
> BEEK

°Mike°

Install something like SlimBrowser, MyIE or CrazyBrowser. They
all have filters. For your current problem, install HijackThis and
post the contents of your log here.

HijackThis
http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

On 27 Dec 2003 19:57:12 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
BEEK scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

jeroen

says...
> I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, and some other lesser known
> utilities...but nothing seems to help this.

weird! I'd like to see a hijackthis logfile
> Any ideas?

virusscan while you're at it.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards