Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hardware Configuration

Hardware Configuration

slaphappy

Dell Inspiron 4000
Win XP

Well after a lot of effort I got the bugs in my Win XP upgrade
referenced in an earlier post nearly all worked out. That is, all but
one.

I don't know if this is correct or not but my computer has two hardware
configurations. Each time Win XP boots up it alternates between those
configurations despite my efforts to limit the choice to just the
configuration where I set up my broad band connection and other things
like Norton AV and PFW . The configurations are a) undocked and b)
original configuration. How do I get Win XP to stay with the one
configuration?

I tried start|control panel|maintenance|system|Hardware, etc. but I
still get the alternation.

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Thanks