Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I remove spyware

How do I remove spyware

Zork

I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.

I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like perfectnav

Brian H¹©

Zork said:

> I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.
>
> I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like perfectnav

Are you fully up-to-date with the Ad-Aware reference files?
You might like to try Spybot Search & Destroy too.
http://www.safer-networking.org/

--
www.absey-vine.co.uk/

Soup

Zork wrote:
> I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.
>
> I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like
> perfectnav

Spybot seems to do well on spyware,

http://www.safer-networking.org/

and it's free.

AFAIK Ad-Aware "only" deals with adware not spyware.
--
Yours S.
addy not usable (not that you would try it)

Puzzled

"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HnoHb.7345$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Zork wrote:
> > I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.
> >
> > I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like
> > perfectnav

> Spybot seems to do well on spyware,
>
> http://www.safer-networking.org/

No matter which program you use, beware NewDotNet files. Don't let your
programs delete this program; rather use the newdotnet program's uninstall
file. Otherwise you could wind up with more problems than you can handle!

Mara

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:56:06 -0500, Puzzled wrote:

>"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:HnoHb.7345$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Zork wrote:
>> > I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.
>> >
>> > I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like
>> > perfectnav

>> Spybot seems to do well on spyware,
>>
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>>

>No matter which program you use, beware NewDotNet files. Don't let your
>programs delete this program; rather use the newdotnet program's uninstall
>file. Otherwise you could wind up with more problems than you can handle!

NewDotNet is in SpywareBlaster's database.

"NewDotNet may install silently, and gains revenue for its manufacturer by
adding what appear to be extra top-level domains (actually provided by the
plug-in).

Weblink for more information:

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html, which states:

"Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware 6 also remove NewDotNet."

"It also helps to keep all three programs updated, BTW."

--
There are three types of people in this world - those who see the light,
those who don't, and those who get a brief glance of it just as I slam

°Mike°

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 22:12:48 GMT, in
<AtnHb.844225$pl3.349794@pd7tw3no>
Zork scrawled:

>I have Ad-Aware.....but it doesnt help too much.
>
>I occasioanlly get directed to pages to I dont wanna go to...like perfectnav

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gerry O

Yeah ad-aware is sneaky, I had it installed and I monitored it on my
computer ports and when it got updates zone alarm went off and I
recorded it sending all the information from my computer to
lavasoft.de in Germany, what are those Germans up to?

Gerry

Mara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:56:06 -0500, Puzzled wrote:
>

> >"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:HnoHb.7345$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Spybot seems to do well on spyware,
> >>
> >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> >>

> >No matter which program you use, beware NewDotNet files. Don't let your
> >programs delete this program; rather use the newdotnet program's uninstall
> >file. Otherwise you could wind up with more problems than you can handle!

> NewDotNet is in SpywareBlaster's database.
>
> "NewDotNet may install silently, and gains revenue for its manufacturer by
> adding what appear to be extra top-level domains (actually provided by the
> plug-in).
>
> Weblink for more information:
>
> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html, which states:
>
> "Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware 6 also remove NewDotNet."
>
> "It also helps to keep all three programs updated, BTW."

Boomer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Gerry O) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Yeah ad-aware is sneaky, I had it installed and I monitored it on
> my computer ports and when it got updates zone alarm went off and
> I recorded it sending all the information from my computer to
> lavasoft.de in Germany, what are those Germans up to?
>
> Gerry

Like any program that has to update, the companys site has to know what
updates you need.

I've used Ad-Aware for many years and have never had a problem with it.
(Re: http://makeashorterlink.com/?M108617E6)

> Mara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:56:06 -0500, Puzzled wrote:
>>

>> >"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> >news:HnoHb.7345$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> >No matter which program you use, beware NewDotNet files. Don't
>> >let your programs delete this program; rather use the newdotnet
>> >program's uninstall file. Otherwise you could wind up with more
>> >problems than you can handle!

>> NewDotNet is in SpywareBlaster's database.
>>
>> "NewDotNet may install silently, and gains revenue for its
>> manufacturer by adding what appear to be extra top-level domains
>> (actually provided by the plug-in).
>>
>> Weblink for more information:
>>
>> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html, which states:
>>
>> "Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware 6 also remove NewDotNet."
>>
>> "It also helps to keep all three programs updated, BTW."

Gerry O

I wouldn't use ad-aware because they act like a spyware program and
steal personal information from your computer. They were even kicked
out of COAST (Consortium of Anti-Spyware Technology Vendors) but
posted on their website that they quit, which is obviously a lie,
because supposely they started it.

Gerry
Mara <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 20:56:06 -0500, Puzzled wrote:
>

> >"Soup" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:HnoHb.7345$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Spybot seems to do well on spyware,
> >>
> >> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> >>

> >No matter which program you use, beware NewDotNet files. Don't let your
> >programs delete this program; rather use the newdotnet program's uninstall
> >file. Otherwise you could wind up with more problems than you can handle!

> NewDotNet is in SpywareBlaster's database.
>
> "NewDotNet may install silently, and gains revenue for its manufacturer by
> adding what appear to be extra top-level domains (actually provided by the
> plug-in).
>
> Weblink for more information:
>
> http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/NewDotNet.html, which states:
>
> "Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware 6 also remove NewDotNet."
>
> "It also helps to keep all three programs updated, BTW."

°Mike°

Where's your proof of these allegations?

On 27 Dec 2003 22:46:26 -0800, in
<(E-Mail Removed) >
Gerry O scrawled: