Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > USB Reboot Problems

USB Reboot Problems

Monkeyboy126

Hi

Whenever I connect a USB device, the PC will either reboot or reboot and
screw up. If it screws up the only way to recover is to boot to safe mode,
delete ALL usb drivers and start again.

Running Windows XP SR1

The system will start to recognise the device before rebooting. Tried
installing drivers that come with devices etc but nothing seems to work. Is
there a way to 'reset' windows XP drivers? apart from a complete wipe &
reinstall I don't know where to turn??

Many thanks