Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > CD-R Bulk Towers

CD-R Bulk Towers

anon

I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is basically
held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been able
to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic spindle
in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To
get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether
and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
to?

Stace

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
> are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is

basically
> held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been

able
> to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic

spindle
> in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
> the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate.

> get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper

altogether
> and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen

just
> the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
> to?

What's wrong with simply using a piece of garden cane?

Stace.

anon

What exactly is "garden cane"?

"Stace" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nOiHb.11398$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers

that
> > are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is

> basically
> > held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been

> able
> > to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic

> spindle
> > in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code

off
> > the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate.

> > get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper

> altogether
> > and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen

> just
> > the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's

on
> > to?
> >

> What's wrong with simply using a piece of garden cane?
>
> Stace.

MrToad

"anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> Ran in the back door and shouted
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers
> that are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is
> basically held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the
> past I've been able to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at
> least have a plastic spindle in the middle. To complicate matters, I
> now need to get the UCP code off the CD-R's that I bought my wife for
> Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To get the UCP code I'm going to
> have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether and at that point have
> 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just the plastic
> spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on to?

I never throw out my old spindles just for that reason, however, here's
what you're looking for:
http://www.oscaroscar.com/pp_HWS-100.asp

--
MrToad

Harry Bloomfield

"anon" wrote on 27/12/2003 :-
> I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
> are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is basically
> held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been able
> to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic spindle
> in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
> the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To
> get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether
> and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
> the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
> to?

You can buy plastic cases made for the job, which have a spindle down
the middle and cover which keeps the dust out. They are quite cheap and
come in 25, 50 and 100 CD versions.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Mara

http://www.elmarplastics.com/spindles.htm

--
There are three types of people in this world - those who see the light,
those who don't, and those who get a brief glance of it just as I slam

M Mullen

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:47:21 -0500, "anon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I'm sure that everyone has seen the 100 or 50 count CD-R bulk towers that
|> are now on the retail market, i.e., Staples, etc. The product is basically
|> held together by the protective plastic wrapper. In the past I've been able
|> to purchase CD-R bulk towers but they would at least have a plastic spindle
|> in the middle. To complicate matters, I now need to get the UCP code off
|> the CD-R's that I bought my wife for Christmas (IMIX) to get the rebate. To
|> get the UCP code I'm going to have to remove the plastic wrapper altogether
|> and at that point have 100 CD-R's all over the place. Has anyone seen just
|> the plastic spindles that I might purchase to load these "loose" CD-R's on
|> to?

WalMart 50 disk on a spindle with dust cover less than $10. Even come in
different colors.

now you'll have protected blanks and unprotected burns.
--
,,
( "> w

Paul Blarmy

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:03:29 -0500, anon wrote...

> What exactly is "garden cane"?

Bamboo cane or an artificial equivalent.

Not sure that it would do the job however, the natural bamboo tends not
to be as straight as you would want and you might have trouble dropping
your CD's over the 'knobbly' bits!

--
EMail address is disposable and NEVER checked.
Outgoing message is certified VIRUS FREE by