Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BOOT SEQUENCE

BOOT SEQUENCE

bird

HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
setting any help please. TIA

HamMan

"bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
> setting any help please. TIA

Press the + or - buttons on the number pad, or pageup and pagedown

°Mike°

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...alhost.dot.net

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 11:08:15 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
bird scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

bird wrote:
> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
> setting any help please. TIA

If it is an AMIBIOS then;
*Page Up/Page Down* change the parameters/settings
(may be described as PgUp/PgDown)

If not, then try '-' & '+'

Ben Myers

Many older computers can't boot from a CD. If "CDROM" isn't
listed, try creating a boot floppy with CD drivers.

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Ben

"bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
> setting any help please. TIA

Bodysnatcher

Just being curious, but want is the preferred Boot sequence, having Windows
xp installed which does not need a bootdisk!!!
"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BUkHb.2973$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
Many older computers can't boot from a CD. If "CDROM" isn't
listed, try creating a boot floppy with CD drivers.

http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Ben

"bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
> setting any help please. TIA

Patrick

Bodysnatcher wrote:
> Just being curious, but want is the preferred Boot sequence, having
> Windows xp installed which does not need a bootdisk!!!

Floppy-drive > CD-ROM > HDD this gives max convenience
With floppy first you can load 'drivers' for the CD-ROM-device or any other
device.
With CD-ROM second, then you can run the machine from a CD-ROM if required.

However above presents a security-flaw in that another person (hacker) is
allowed same said convenience.

> "Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:BUkHb.2973$(E-Mail Removed) k.net...
> Many older computers can't boot from a CD. If "CDROM" isn't
> listed, try creating a boot floppy with CD drivers.
>
> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm
>
> Ben
>
> "bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
>> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
>> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
>> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
>> setting any help please. TIA

bird

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 19:16:49 GMT, "Ben Myers"
All the combinations are listed eg..........CDROM ,A, C. CDROM,C,
A. A, C. AND SO ON. ps my pc is a P2 5000 mhz.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Many older computers can't boot from a CD. If "CDROM" isn't
>listed, try creating a boot floppy with CD drivers.
>
>http://www.bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm
>
>Ben
>
>"bird" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> HI all i have been try to change my boot sequence from A,C, to
>> CDROM, C, A but when i enter the BIOS i then select BOOT SEQUENCE
>> which is now set at A, C and i press F1 for help i am just shown
>> my options ............. i cant see any way to change the current
>> setting any help please. TIA

°Mike°

Don't you read replies?

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:01:32 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
bird scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ben Myers

Try using the arrow keys to make your selection, then press
"Enter". Then press "Esc". If you are asked about saving
the new settings, type "y" and press "Enter".

Ben