Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Administrator

Administrator

skidaddy

I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not allow
me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files. Can
anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
computer.

Thanks for your help.

Brian H供

skidaddy said:

> I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not allow
> me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files. Can
> anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
> computer.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Assign the User Profile with admin rights.

skidaddy

Yes ! I do not have the win2k disk, so I can't even format it. My next step
is to install a new hard drive and stick win98 on it.

..
"R鬵阹" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> skidaddy wrote:
>
> > I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not

allow
> > me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files.

Can
> > anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
> > computer.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

> Gave up on your plans to format and reinstall?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

skidaddy wrote:

> I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not allow
> me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files. Can
> anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
> computer.
>
> Thanks for your help.

Gave up on your plans to format and reinstall?

Harrison

"acquired"?
Try here

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:37:12 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not allow
>me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files. Can
>anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
>computer.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Harrison

You can easily format that drive without the admin password.
Use fdisk to delete the non-dos partition and then create a new one.

On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:48:12 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Yes ! I do not have the win2k disk, so I can't even format it. My next step
>is to install a new hard drive and stick win98 on it.
>
>.
>"R鬵阹" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> skidaddy wrote:
>>
>> > I have acquired a computer with windows200 pro on it, and it will not

>allow
>> > me to add or remove programs, send email or open some necessary files.

>Can
>> > anyone out there tell me how to disable the administrators grip on this
>> > computer.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help.

>> Gave up on your plans to format and reinstall?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

You wouldn't need to install a new hard drive, you could nuke the
current one with a Win98SE CD in the CDROM. But try what others are
suggesting first.

Harrison said:

> You can easily format that drive without the admin password.
> Use fdisk to delete the non-dos partition and then create a new one.

And without the W2K disc, how do you propose he reinstall W2K?

> On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:48:12 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes ! I do not have the win2k disk, so I can't even format it. My next step

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Brian H供 wrote:

> Harrison said:
>

>>You can easily format that drive without the admin password.
>>Use fdisk to delete the non-dos partition and then create a new one.

> And without the W2K disc, how do you propose he reinstall W2K?

Seemed obvious to me that he meant using the Win98 disk. "non-dos" ring
a bell?

>>On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 03:48:12 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Yes ! I do not have the win2k disk, so I can't even format it. My next step

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^

Harrison

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 23:34:25 -0500, R鬵阹 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Brian H供 wrote:
>
>> Harrison said:
>>

>>>You can easily format that drive without the admin password.
>>>Use fdisk to delete the non-dos partition and then create a new one.

>> And without the W2K disc, how do you propose he reinstall W2K?

>Seemed obvious to me that he meant using the Win98 disk. "non-dos" ring
>a bell?

Your prize is in the mail!
I believe the OP was eluding to formatting and installing 98.