Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to watch VGA-movies on my computer

how to watch VGA-movies on my computer

jamfreak

I got myself a digital camera for Xmas where I can record short VGA-movies
on it.
Now my question is HOW can I view these movies on my PC.
I'm using Winamp and it tells me that it is an 'unknown file-format'. I
looked for some plugins on the Winampsite but couldn't find any.
Do I have to install special software to see these movies or how does it
work?
Help please.......

jean

"jamfreak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns945D948F6989Dvolkmenearthlinknet@68.6.19.6 ...
> I got myself a digital camera for Xmas where I can record short VGA-movies
> on it.
> Now my question is HOW can I view these movies on my PC.
> I'm using Winamp and it tells me that it is an 'unknown file-format'. I
> looked for some plugins on the Winampsite but couldn't find any.
> Do I have to install special software to see these movies or how does it
> work?
> Help please.......

I do short videos on my digi camera but they are in the AVI format and I
view them on either Real Player... Windows media player or Winamp so I cant
really help you there sorry......Jean

DataSpider

"jamfreak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns945D948F6989Dvolkmenearthlinknet@68.6.19.6 ...
> I got myself a digital camera for Xmas where I can record short VGA-movies
> on it.
> Now my question is HOW can I view these movies on my PC.
> I'm using Winamp and it tells me that it is an 'unknown file-format'. I
> looked for some plugins on the Winampsite but couldn't find any.
> Do I have to install special software to see these movies or how does it
> work?
> Help please.......

RTFM or tell us what kind of camera you have!

jamfreak

"DataSpider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> RTFM or tell us what kind of camera you have!
>
> I got a MINOLTA DiMAGE Z1 Windows XP

DataSpider

"jamfreak" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns945D9CDFBFDB3volkmenearthlinknet@68.6.19.6 ...
> "DataSpider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>

> > RTFM or tell us what kind of camera you have!
> >
> > I got a MINOLTA DiMAGE Z1 Windows XP

So you have the format of MOV and need to use Quick Time player!