Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook blocking files

Outlook blocking files

Caaagh

Hi
I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my father an
..exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it - how to I get
Outlook to stop interfering???

I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
Thanks for any help
Sheila

Reinhold

Hey Sheila,
goto:

TOOLS
SECURITY
VIRUS PROTECTION
and untag
DO NOT ALLOW ATTACHEMENTS.....

Happy Holidays
Reinhold

"Caaagh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my father an
> .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it - how to I get
> Outlook to stop interfering???
>
> I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
> Thanks for any help
> Sheila

Caaagh

Thanks Reinhold!!!
Happy Christmas to you too
Sheila
"Reinhold" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5FjGb.1833$(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hey Sheila,
> goto:
>
> TOOLS
> SECURITY
> VIRUS PROTECTION
> and untag
> DO NOT ALLOW ATTACHEMENTS.....
>
> Happy Holidays
> Reinhold
>
> "Caaagh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi
> > I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my father

an
> > .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it - how to I get
> > Outlook to stop interfering???
> >
> > I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
> > Thanks for any help
> > Sheila

Paul - xxx

Caaagh posted ...

> Hi
> I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my
> father an .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it -
> how to I get Outlook to stop interfering???
>
> I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
> Thanks for any help
> Sheila

Tools - Options - Security - Custom level button - File Download ENABLE - OK
etc

--
Paul

pcbutts1

Use this http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm

"Caaagh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my father an
> .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it - how to I get
> Outlook to stop interfering???
>
> I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
> Thanks for any help
> Sheila

Jane

email me..with regards to your query....
your email is invalid
"Caaagh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm

trying to send my father an
> .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has

blocked it - how to I get
> Outlook to stop interfering???
>
> I've been in Tools Security and can't find the

box to click!
> Thanks for any help
> Sheila

Caaagh

Thanks Paul - xxx to you too!
This one worked fine and I'll tell my Dad to do the same.
Sheila
"Paul - xxx" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bschbr$bov0u$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Caaagh posted ...
>
> > Hi
> > I've got Win XP (home) and Outlook 2002. I'm trying to send my
> > father an .exe file and Outlook (which he has too) has blocked it -
> > how to I get Outlook to stop interfering???
> >
> > I've been in Tools Security and can't find the box to click!
> > Thanks for any help
> > Sheila

> Tools - Options - Security - Custom level button - File Download ENABLE -

OK
> etc
>
> --
> Paul

Paul - xxx

Nice one .. Merry Christmas to you too ..

Caaagh posted ...

--
Paul