Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Any Drive Image 7 or MBR experts?

Any Drive Image 7 or MBR experts?

Arawak

I decided to upgrade to larger HD. Just when I got XP Pro running
perfectly in a partition of the new drive, I decided to use Drive
Image to copy the entire 2nd partition from the older but non-bootable
drive to the unallocated space of my new drive. When asked if I
wanrted to also move the MBR I checked yes. After copying
successfully, I rebooted and got an error message about non-system
disk. Is there a program that will allow me to rescue the overwritten
MBR or anyone with any suggestions?

TIA
Arawak

Harrison

Easily fixed.
Boot the pc using the Windows XP cd.
Choose Repair when prompted.
Target the XP installation.
Drop to a command prompt and type fixmbr.