Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Format Hard Drive

Format Hard Drive

skidaddy

I am running windows2000, and it is messed up so I want to format the hard
drive and install a new
O / S The trouble is I don't have a floppy boot disk, and this machine won't
let me make one.

Need your help.

Thanks

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

skidaddy wrote:

> I am running windows2000, and it is messed up so I want to format the hard
> drive and install a new
> O / S The trouble is I don't have a floppy boot disk, and this machine won't
> let me make one.
>
> Need your help.
>
> Thanks

Boot up with the Win2K CD. Follow the menus, deleting the existing
partition should do the job.

Harrison

If the machine is able to boot to the cd, then a floppy isn't needed.
The setup cd is bootable and there is an option to format the drive.

If not, then visit bootdisk.com.

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:38:51 GMT, "skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I am running windows2000, and it is messed up so I want to format the hard
>drive and install a new
>O / S The trouble is I don't have a floppy boot disk, and this machine won't
>let me make one.
>
>Need your help.
>
>Thanks

Gil

"skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) s.com...
> I am running windows2000, and it is messed up so I want to format the hard
> drive and install a new
> O / S The trouble is I don't have a floppy boot disk, and this machine

won't

> let me make one.

>Someone on this group posted this. http://www.bootdisk.com/
> Maybe you can find what you needHere.

JWooden271

You can use a Win98/WinME setup CD to boot to dos (if available).

Or you can downlaod a boot disk from here:
http://bootdisk.com/bootdisk.htm

Barry OGrady

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:27:50 GMT, "Gil" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"skidaddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ws.com...
>> I am running windows2000, and it is messed up so I want to format the hard
>> drive and install a new
>> O / S The trouble is I don't have a floppy boot disk, and this machine

>won't
>
>> let me make one.

>>Someone on this group posted this. http://www.bootdisk.com/
>> Maybe you can find what you needHere.

Your quoting is faulty. He did not write
>>Someone on this group posted this. http://www.bootdisk.com/
>> Maybe you can find what you needHere.

-Barry
========