Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > SPYBOT - drive selection

SPYBOT - drive selection

Ben

I have just downloaded spybot and ran the test. I don't see any where in
the settings to select another drive. I want to scan the D drive. Under
settings/directories I put the D drive there but it's still only testing
the C drive. Where can I set to scan the D drive?

Harrison

It searches for installed spyware and adware components. These
components, in order to function as designed, have to use the windows
system in some way. Typically, this is done as a registry entry.
Registry entries, by default, are on the C drive, therefore there is
no need to scan other drives.

On 12/23/03 4:58 PM, Harrison wrote:
> It searches for installed spyware and adware components. These
> components, in order to function as designed, have to use the windows
> system in some way. Typically, this is done as a registry entry.
> Registry entries, by default, are on the C drive, therefore there is
> no need to scan other drives.
>

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:43:52 GMT, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>I have just downloaded spybot and ran the test. I don't see any where in
>>the settings to select another drive. I want to scan the D drive. Under
>>settings/directories I put the D drive there but it's still only testing
>>the C drive. Where can I set to scan the D drive?

The D drive is a backup. So if something sneaks in and gets backed up
then I want it identified.

Billh

As stated the program needs to check out a "running" version of windows for
installed spyware. So I do not see how it will be able to check out your
backup. Run spybot right before you do a backup and nothing can sneak in.

"Ben" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kS3Gb.3713$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On 12/23/03 4:58 PM, Harrison wrote:
> > It searches for installed spyware and adware components. These
> > components, in order to function as designed, have to use the windows
> > system in some way. Typically, this is done as a registry entry.
> > Registry entries, by default, are on the C drive, therefore there is
> > no need to scan other drives.
> >

> > On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:43:52 GMT, Ben <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >

> >>I have just downloaded spybot and ran the test. I don't see any where in
> >>the settings to select another drive. I want to scan the D drive. Under
> >>settings/directories I put the D drive there but it's still only testing
> >>the C drive. Where can I set to scan the D drive?

> The D drive is a backup. So if something sneaks in and gets backed up
> then I want it identified.

°Mike°

Settings / Directories. Right click, and 'Add a directory to this list'.
Choose your D: drive.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 21:43:52 GMT, in
<sG2Gb.659$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ben scrawled: