Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win98 DVD player recommendations

Win98 DVD player recommendations

Trent C

As the subject line - I need to download a good, stable free app for a
friend who has an non-internet connected ThinkPad with Win98se installed.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

TIA

Paul - xxx

Trent C posted ...

> As the subject line - I need to download a good, stable free app for a
> friend who has an non-internet connected ThinkPad with Win98se
> installed.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully accepted.

I ran a normal film DVD and used the included 'Interactual' player .. most
stable and great as a simple DVD player ..

http://www.interactual.com

--
Paul

Daniel Badke

Trent C schrieb:

> As the subject line - I need to download a good, stable free app for a
> friend who has an non-internet connected ThinkPad with Win98se installed.
>
> Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
>
> TIA

try this player:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/g...3.zip?download

for dvd-playback you need this codec:

http://www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/mpeg/.../EMpgDec20.zip

mfg

Daniel

JWooden271

>As the subject line - I need to download a good, stable free app for a
>friend who has an non-internet connected ThinkPad with Win98se installed.

Well, there's a little problem with your request. It is VERY VERY VERY hard to
find DVD playing software that is both free and legal.

If you want software to play a DVD, check to see if one came with your
computer/DVD-ROM drive.

Otherwise, you will have to pay about $15 for software such as this DVD player
plugin for WMP:
http://www.intervideo.com/media_pack...jsp?p=DVDXPack