Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > screen area settings

screen area settings

LIZSHAW76

Hi wonder if someone could help i have a problem changing the screen area
setting this is what i am already trying

Start
settings
control panel
Display
settings
change screen settings from 640 by 480 pixels to
800 by 600 pixels
apply
a message appears
you must restart your computer before settings will take effect do you want to
restart your computer now?
YES
Blank black screen appears saying
windows is restarting...

But it doesnt restart
what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in them as
they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour is i suppose spotty

If any one could help i would be greatful
PS this is my first incounter with a newsgroup so sorry if its not quite right
i dont even know where to get a reply could be intresting. thanks again LIZ

Brian H¹©

LIZSHAW76 said:

> Hi wonder if someone could help i have a problem changing the screen area
> setting this is what i am already trying
>
> Start
> settings
> control panel
> Display
> settings
> change screen settings from 640 by 480 pixels to
> 800 by 600 pixels
> apply
> a message appears
> you must restart your computer before settings will take effect do you want to
> restart your computer now?
> YES
> Blank black screen appears saying
> windows is restarting...
>
> But it doesnt restart
> what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in them as
> they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour is i suppose
> spotty
>
> If any one could help i would be greatful
> PS this is my first incounter with a newsgroup so sorry if its not quite right
> i dont even know where to get a reply could be intresting. thanks again LIZ

Reply no and then do a manual restart, see if that helps.

°Mike°

Boot into Safe Mode and remove your display adapter from Device
Manager. Boot back into normal mode, and update your video
drivers. Also update DirectX, if necessary.
http://www.microsoft.com/directx/

On 23 Dec 2003 17:37:31 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
LIZSHAW76 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Paul - xxx

LIZSHAW76 posted ...

> But it doesnt restart
> what am i doing wrong i have to move windows around to read whats in
> them as they are to big also i cants see things properly the colour
> is i suppose spotty
>
> If any one could help i would be greatful

Update the video drivers and try again ..

--
Paul