Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > zone alarm question

zone alarm question

Matthew Morrison

I just installed Zone Alarm for the first time and I'm getting a crap load
of ping requests. Is it normal for a cable net user or is something fishy
going on? And is it any better than XPs built in firewall? I use Insightbb
if that matters. AT&T owns it I think. TIA

Smirnoff

Matthew Morrison wrote:
> I just installed Zone Alarm for the first time and I'm getting a crap
> load of ping requests. Is it normal for a cable net user or is
> something fishy going on? And is it any better than XPs built in
> firewall? I use Insightbb if that matters. AT&T owns it I think. TIA

Go into Alerts/logs and turn off Alert Events Shown, you will still get
program alerts. The pings are mostly from your ISP.

°Mike°

It's normal -- turn off the reporting. And, yes, it's better than
the built-in firewall, which doesn't prevent *outgoing* traffic.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 07:09:13 GMT, in
<tSRFb.459065$275.1348908@attbi_s53>
Matthew Morrison scrawled:

--