Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > active window tweak

active window tweak

Sheila Clarke

Hi

If I have two windows open the active one switches to where ever i rest my
mouse, ie I don't have to click to make the window active. I was messing
around with tweak, but I can't remember if I changed it with that.

Any way I don't like it and want it back to normal.

Can you help me please, thanks?

why?

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:58:39 -0000, Sheila Clarke wrote:

>Hi
>
>If I have two windows open the active one switches to where ever i rest my
>mouse, ie I don't have to click to make the window active. I was messing
>around with tweak, but I can't remember if I changed it with that.

Nothing in the help file?

>Any way I don't like it and want it back to normal.

That should be the normal way, when it's off it's the wrong way

>Can you help me please, thanks?

Mouse tab / Activation follows mouse (X-mouse)

Me

°Mike°

Under the mouse settings, uncheck the X-Mouse option for
'Activation follows mouse'.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:58:39 -0000, in
<bs8ehd$ae0vu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Sheila Clarke scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sheila Clarke

Thanks to all, problem now solved. For some reason I didn't think of looking
under the mouse tab. It was on '0' so have changed that to 2 and see how I
get on.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Under the mouse settings, uncheck the X-Mouse option for
> 'Activation follows mouse'.
>

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:58:39 -0000, in
> <bs8ehd$ae0vu$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
> Sheila Clarke scrawled:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >If I have two windows open the active one switches to where ever i rest

my
> >mouse, ie I don't have to click to make the window active. I was messing
> >around with tweak, but I can't remember if I changed it with that.
> >
> >Any way I don't like it and want it back to normal.
> >
> >Can you help me please, thanks?
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

Sheila Clarke

Ps also further to experimentation I can now see it was the 'Autoraise
option' that needed switching off.

°Mike°

You're welcome.

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:35:32 -0000, in
<bsa5e4$b02l2$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de>
Sheila Clarke scrawled: