Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BOOT SEQUENCE (how to change boot sequence)

Reply
Thread Tools

BOOT SEQUENCE (how to change boot sequence)

 
 
bird
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
any help please. TIA
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
bird said:

> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
> any help please. TIA


Use the Page Up/Page Down keys.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Flying Rat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
bird said this...
> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
> any help please. TIA
>

It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting

FR
--
Are we havin' fun yet?

www.flyingrat.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
Flying Rat said:

> bird said this...
>> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
>> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
>> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
>> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
>> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
>> any help please. TIA
>>

> It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
> hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
>
> FR


She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as A,C


 
Reply With Quote
 
Boxington Headmaker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:dfNFb.9001$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Flying Rat said:
>

<snippage>
> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence

as A,C
>

Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
screen. This should prompt you as to which keys to use to change the
selection. I have encountered the following over the years...

<Page Up / Down>
(+ and -)
(+ and _)
(=and-)
(<enter key> and submenu)
(some combinations of the arrow keys)

Have a try, and if you get confused, just reset the machine (via the reset
button) - it will go back to it's original settings if you haven't saved
anything)

HTH
Box


 
Reply With Quote
 
Flying Rat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
Brian H供 said this...
> Flying Rat said:
>
> > bird said this...
> >> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
> >> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
> >> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios and
> >> what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A and
> >> then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the CDROM, C, A
> >> any help please. TIA
> >>

> > It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed by
> > hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
> >
> > FR

>
> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as A,C
>
>
>

in which case you are right. Some BIOS setup progs also let you change
the setting by hitting the right arrow key, then up and down. It'll be
one of the two.

FR
--
Are we havin' fun yet?

www.flyingrat.net
 
Reply With Quote
 
Boxington Headmaker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
> Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
> screen.


(my left, your right)
D'oh


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian H供
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
Boxington Headmaker said:

> "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> news:dfNFb.9001$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Flying Rat said:
>>

> <snippage>
>> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the sequence as
>> A,C
>>

> Most BIOS's have a help panel at either the bottom, or the left of the
> screen. This should prompt you as to which keys to use to change the
> selection. I have encountered the following over the years...
>
> <Page Up / Down>
> (+ and -)
> (+ and _)
> (=and-)
> (<enter key> and submenu)
> (some combinations of the arrow keys)
>
> Have a try, and if you get confused, just reset the machine (via the reset
> button) - it will go back to it's original settings if you haven't saved
> anything)
>
> HTH
> Box


You could try telling the OP instead of me.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Boxington Headmaker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:wxNFb.901$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boxington Headmaker said:
>
> > "Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vne.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
> > news:dfNFb.9001$(E-Mail Removed)...

<more snipage>

> You could try telling the OP instead of me.


<$excuse: Yours was the first to point out that she'd already accessed the
BIOS {something I'd missed in my haste, as well}>
Therefore:
I could, but that would mean being slightly more sober than I am now. And
neither of us want that -- do we.
Thirdly, I've just subscribed to this froup this evening, so you can expect
me to disappear in about 2 hours

{of course if I remain, I'll attempt to post in the correct order - {baring
obvious OE foobar's})

Sorry,

Box


 
Reply With Quote
 
Patrick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
Flying Rat wrote:
> Brian H供 said this...
>> Flying Rat said:
>>
>>> bird said this...
>>>> Hi all i am new to this stuff.I have been told to change my boot
>>>> sequence from looking in A drive at bootup to my CDROM so i will be
>>>> able to boot from my CD ROM..I had a look at my setup in the bios
>>>> and what i see is this. A,C which make my machine look in A
>>>> and then C. My question is how do i change it to look in the
>>>> CDROM, C, A any help please. TIA
>>>>
>>> It'll be in your BIOS settings. Most BIOS versions can be accessed
>>> by hitting/holding down the delete key on rebooting
>>>
>>> FR

>>
>> She is already in her BIOS, that's why she said she can see the
>> sequence as A,C
>>
>>
>>

> in which case you are right. Some BIOS setup progs also let you change
> the setting by hitting the right arrow key, then up and down. It'll be
> one of the two.
>
> FR


Whereas, the arrow-keys are actually (usually) used, to navigate from one
item to another, on a page in BIOS.

--
Yes/No ?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dual boot xp / Vista: How to change Order, boot to xp as default? lbbss Computer Support 2 03-09-2008 11:21 AM
how to iterate over sequence and non-sequence ? stef mientki Python 13 10-20-2007 10:21 AM
boot of "cisco2-C1600" using boot helper "eprom:c1600-boot-r.111-10.AA" failed Pete.Rudolph@gmail.com Cisco 2 06-14-2007 03:41 AM
A Paradise DNS address change? What change? There was no change. Tony Neville NZ Computing 7 09-22-2006 01:02 PM
Change Master/Boot Hard Drive to Slave/Non boot Hard Drive & Visa Versa Steve808us@yahoo.com Computer Information 0 01-18-2005 01:57 PM



Advertisments