Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > messed up CD

messed up CD

Chrosis

HELP!!!!!!

I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information on it.
It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and the folders are
gone. The is a single file on the CD called "Non-Allocatable Space" which is
0kb. The cd does however have 525mb of space used.

Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.

Thanks a bunch,

Adam

philo

"Chrosis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QcLFb.4552$d%(E-Mail Removed). ..
> HELP!!!!!!
>
> I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information on

it.
> It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and the folders

are
> gone. The is a single file on the CD called "Non-Allocatable Space" which

is
> 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb of space used.
>
> Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Adam

Try this maybe:

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

CB

Chrosis wrote:
|| HELP!!!!!!
|| I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed
|| information on it. It worked fine for months but today I inserted
|| the disk and the folders are gone. The is a single file on the CD
|| called "Non-Allocatable Space" which is 0kb. The cd does however
|| have 525mb of space used.
|| Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
|| Thanks a bunch,
|| Adam

Are you using the same CD drive? Some drives can't read cd-rw's! I have one

CB
--
Craven Bird News

http://mysite.freeserve.com/cravenbirds

CJ

Hi,

as this was "needed" information you obviously created back-ups on a
regular basis didn't you?!!!

CJ

"Chrosis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QcLFb.4552$d%(E-Mail Removed). ..
> HELP!!!!!!
>
> I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information

on it.
> It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and the

folders are
> gone. The is a single file on the CD called "Non-Allocatable Space"

which is
> 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb of space used.
>
> Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Adam

OldKenGoat

Chrosis wrote:
> HELP!!!!!!
>
> I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information
> on it. It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and
> the folders are gone. The is a single file on the CD called
> "Non-Allocatable Space" which is 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb
> of space used.
>
> Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Adam

http://www.elpros.si/CDCheck/ might help.

michael turner

Chrosis wrote:
> HELP!!!!!!
>
> I have a cd-rw and I created a disk with tonnes of needed information
> on it. It worked fine for months but today I inserted the disk and
> the folders are gone. The is a single file on the CD called
> "Non-Allocatable Space" which is 0kb. The cd does however have 525mb
> of space used.

IMHO it's much better to to your long-term important backups to CDR rather
than CDRW, and always use decent branded CDRs e.g. TDK, Sony, Maxell etc.
rather than no-name el-cheapo ones. I've had a few CDRWs go duff for no
apparent reasons and have become unusable.

> Am I totally screwed or can that info be recovered.

Do as Philo says and try ISO Buster.

Missteak

Sounds like you have somehow gone into a different session.
Check your writing s/w and see if you can switch sessions.

news:bs8ntn$shf$(E-Mail Removed)...