Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Identify this monitor cable

Reply
Thread Tools

Identify this monitor cable

 
 
RKL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2003
I think it's a monitor cable

One end is male DB15(8/7).
The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
connectors. One says IN the other OUT.

It looks like a MAC monitor connector but the other 2 are for?


--
Change the .COM to .NET when replying
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RKL
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2003
Here's a pic.
http://tinyurl.com/249uj

--
Change the .COM to .NET when replying
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
pcbutts1
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-22-2003
KVM?

--


The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com



"RKL" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here's a pic.
> http://tinyurl.com/249uj
>
> --
> Change the .COM to .NET when replying



 
Reply With Quote
 
BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
RKL wrote:

> I think it's a monitor cable
>
> One end is male DB15(8/7).
> The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
> connectors. One says IN the other OUT.
>
> It looks like a MAC monitor connector but the other 2 are for?


Sounds like they might be MIDI In / MIDI Out

--
--
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

 
Reply With Quote
 
M Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:08:25 -0600, RKL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> I think it's a monitor cable
|>
|> One end is male DB15(8/7).
|> The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
|> connectors. One says IN the other OUT.

Usually when you see two keyboard connectors like that, it's made for something
to draw power from. I have one for a draw tablet, and another for an old web
cam.
--
,,
( "> w
,(> )>| If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?
( ^^ '
 
Reply With Quote
 
Zknb
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2003

It is NOT a monitor cable

That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card

The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
the other end is where you plug in a joystick.

The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:08:25 -0600, RKL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I think it's a monitor cable
>
>One end is male DB15(8/7).
>The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
>connectors. One says IN the other OUT.
>
>It looks like a MAC monitor connector but the other 2 are for?


 
Reply With Quote
 
BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2003
Zknb wrote:

> It is NOT a monitor cable
>
> That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card
>
> The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
> the other end is where you plug in a joystick.
>
> The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.
>


(Fist Pump!) YES! I thought it sounded like MIDI connectors. Nice to
know I still remember what those look / sound like. (I'm a closet musician.)

--
--
(E-Mail Removed)
BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

 
Reply With Quote
 
M Mullen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2003
On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:05:34 -0500, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> (E-Mail Removed)
|> BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
|> (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Just noticed your tagline. I loved the BOFH series.
Used to have a section on my BBS just for it.
Behold the power.
--
,,
( "> w
,(> )>| Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.
( ^^ '
 
Reply With Quote
 
Kev
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2003
BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:
>
> Zknb wrote:
>
> > It is NOT a monitor cable
> >
> > That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card
> >
> > The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
> > the other end is where you plug in a joystick.
> >
> > The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.



good answer. i thought it was some sort of weird mac monitor cable as my
monitor is supposedly mac compliant but it came with an SB AWE64 Gold
card at the same time and after 6/7 years you just forget what the hell
this cable is for.

http://tinyurl.com/2a5js
 
Reply With Quote
 
why?
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-24-2003

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:08:52 -0800, M Mullen wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:05:34 -0500, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>|> (E-Mail Removed)
>|> BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
>|> (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
>
>Just noticed your tagline. I loved the BOFH series.
>Used to have a section on my BBS just for it.
>Behold the power.


You do know it's found at theregister?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/30/34640.html
BOFH: The whole shebang
The Compleat BOFH Archives 95-99
BOFH Merchandise
Get BOFH Books here

Some days I even get to do a little BOFHing at work myself. Great fun.

Me
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how do I identify what cable this is? Spunky Computer Support 4 06-08-2005 06:49 PM
What would be the best cable way to hook up a Widescreen HD crt TV, cable wise ?? OCZ Guy DVD Video 3 07-29-2004 11:54 PM
Looking for SATA power cable to IDE power cable adapter Jack B. Pollack Computer Support 3 02-12-2004 08:50 PM



Advertisments