Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cant access disk

Cant access disk

Eddiek

I recently had a problem where my PC permanently crashed. It had two hard
disks. One for the OS and the other for shared files.

The problem occured afer installing a new firewire card.

I removed both disks and put them (as a second disk) into another machine .
I have managed to get the files off one of the disks, but when I try to
access the other, I get a message saying that the disk is not formatted. I
know the disk is nearly full of data.

All the disks involved are NTFS.

Any ideas?

Ed

Brian H

Eddiek said:

> I recently had a problem where my PC permanently crashed. It had two hard
> disks. One for the OS and the other for shared files.
>
> The problem occured afer installing a new firewire card.
>
> I removed both disks and put them (as a second disk) into another machine .
> I have managed to get the files off one of the disks, but when I try to
> access the other, I get a message saying that the disk is not formatted. I
> know the disk is nearly full of data.
>
> All the disks involved are NTFS.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ed

Run chkdsk on the drive giving you grief.

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=B0Mike=B0?=

Try GetDataBack
http://www.runtime.org/gdb.htm

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:55:38 -0000, Eddiek wrote:

> I recently had a problem where my PC permanently crashed. It had two hard
> disks. One for the OS and the other for shared files.
>
> The problem occured afer installing a new firewire card.
>
> I removed both disks and put them (as a second disk) into another machine .
> I have managed to get the files off one of the disks, but when I try to
> access the other, I get a message saying that the disk is not formatted. I
> know the disk is nearly full of data.
>
> All the disks involved are NTFS.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ed

SgtMinor

Try PCinspector, freeware:

http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

If no joy, consider Active@ software:

http://www.partition-recovery.com/partition.htm

You can download a free demo, and if it finds the files you need, pay
$29 for the full copy and recover them. Works great.