Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > web site removel

web site removel

jeffm

Hi

Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.

thanks Mad Medic

Avengerę

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
>
>thanks Mad Medic

Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

jeffm

"Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
> >
> >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
> >
> >thanks Mad Medic
> >

> Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

Avengerę

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:35:56 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
>> >
>> >thanks Mad Medic
>> >

>> Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

>Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

Are we talking about a site you own?

Steven Pilbeam

"jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fe5654a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
>
> thanks Mad Medic

yours or someone elses ?

Trent C

> Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
>
> thanks Mad Medic

If you own the site you should be able to access the admin options using the
same application you used to upload the files in the first place. Most FTP
programs, such as CuteFTP, have this as a built-in facility. Once you're
logged in you can upload, download or delete files to your heart's content.
And if you want to bin a whole site, you can usually select multiple files
(for example the html pages and associates images) and delete them all in
one go.

If it's not your site then you need to contact the hosting ISP and put in a
formal request. They're unlikely to give you much time unless you can show
that specific civil or criminal laws are being broken, and in some civil law
situations they might wait for a court order before they do anything.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

"jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fe5697d$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
> > >
> > >thanks Mad Medic
> > >

> > Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

> Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

Then you'll need to talk to whoever is responsible for giving you tech
support. If you don't have admin priveledges over that site, there's no way
you can just magically wish it to go away.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

jeffm

yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
mad medic
"jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3fe5697d$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Avengerę" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 09:18:00 -0000, "jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi
> > >
> > >Can anybody tell me how to remove a site from the web.
> > >
> > >thanks Mad Medic
> > >

> > Delete all the files on the web server hosting the website

> Would be fine doing that but cannot grt into admin page

BasketCase

"jeffm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
> mad medic

Just threaten to break the ****ers legs....that's what I'd do. I never was
one for the subtle approach.

JWooden271

>yes I own the site fell out with person hosting it has denid me access
>mad medic

Just refuse to pay for the hosting services and eventually the hosting company
will delete your account for not paying.

Or for a more direct approach, send an email to their support people asking to
remove your account.