Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > AOL constantly signing off

AOL constantly signing off

Matthew Morrison

My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect her
every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I'm not
sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

MayB

"Matthew Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect

her
> every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be?

I'm not
> sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

Your friend will soon learn that AOL has great salesmen ---- but their
service *stinks*.

PrecedentHalo

it might be that she has set a time for aol to sign outas never used aol i
dont no how to fix it but this idea should solve your problem
"Matthew Morrison" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect her
> every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I'm

not
> sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

JWooden271

>My friend has a lot of trouble with her AIM where it will disconnect her
>every 2 minutes. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I'm not
>sure what version it is but any help would be great. TIA

Are you talking about AIM (the standalone program) or AOL (the full blown
dialer, browser)?

If AOL is disconnecting, then simply try using a different dialup number.
Sometimes AOL's numbers get a little busy, especially in the evenings.

If AIM is the problem, you may be behind a firewall or using an old verison of
AIM. Try upgrading your AIm client.