Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Recycle Bin..........

Recycle Bin..........

John D

I just emptied my recycle bin and realized there was a folder that I need.
Is there any way of recovering it?

microberts

nortons unerase, will work some times.

if you do not have that, look on the oem CD for your current os, and look
for a folder that says DOS. or OldDos

there is a file form prior releases of DOS called undelete.
you will need to run the setver and specify the Dos version for this file.
for it to work on your OS. Example XP.

in the dos promps type undelete /s and it will search for all deleted
files. locate the one that is missing, and select recover, and assign a
letter to the filename. and presto it is recovered.

Boomer

"John D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:bs2bhd$8tmch$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> I just emptied my recycle bin and realized there was a folder that
> I need. Is there any way of recovering it?

Hi

Search the archives for this group for a recycle bin recovery program.
It's been posted a few times. It's free.

http://www.google.com/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Milow

John D wrote:
> I just emptied my recycle bin and realized there was a folder that I
> need. Is there any way of recovering it?

Put the Rest2514.exe on to a floppy disk or on to a different drive to
the one that you want to recover the folder from and run it from there:
(so as not to write to the disk you want to recover the data from &
overwrite it !).

It may have been over written already so no guarantees but its worth a
try, I have used it in the past myself with some success.

The below is from the README.txt file:

If you restore a folder, there is no guarantee that all files or folders
which used to belong to the folder will be in it.

If you can't find them in it, please search and restore them one by one.

Here's the link: http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/

John D

Thanks to all who responded. I have tried the various suggestions but the
folder or the files that were in it don't seem to be there.