Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > motherboard inquiry

motherboard inquiry

83LowRider

i was given a motherboard, case, and processor.
I had enough spare parts to make it work again
and was considering upgrading the processor.

It is a Gateway e-4200, with a PII 350Mhz.

The motherboard info I came up with
(Jabil Pentium II 8x -- pt #4000407)
says I can bump up to 384MB RAM (pc100)

but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?

TIA.

Brian H

83LowRider said:

> i was given a motherboard, case, and processor.
> I had enough spare parts to make it work again
> and was considering upgrading the processor.
>
> It is a Gateway e-4200, with a PII 350Mhz.
>
> The motherboard info I came up with
> (Jabil Pentium II 8x -- pt #4000407)
> says I can bump up to 384MB RAM (pc100)
>
> but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
> it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?
>
> TIA.

Have you tried google?

Shel-hed

Try searching here-
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en...ne.gateway2000
Have the bios string handy. You get it on the screen during boot. Pressing pause may
help you catch it if it goes by too quick.
If it were my board, I would stick in any processor that ran on the same voltage as
the PII... 2 volts.

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 23:03:07 GMT, "83LowRider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
24hoursupport.helpdesk:

>i was given a motherboard, case, and processor.
>I had enough spare parts to make it work again
>and was considering upgrading the processor.
>
>It is a Gateway e-4200, with a PII 350Mhz.
>
>The motherboard info I came up with
>(Jabil Pentium II 8x -- pt #4000407)
>says I can bump up to 384MB RAM (pc100)
>
>but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
>it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?
>
>TIA.

Mad Ad

probably just to a 450, the highest p2

"83LowRider" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:LsLEb.1593$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> i was given a motherboard, case, and processor.
> I had enough spare parts to make it work again
> and was considering upgrading the processor.
>
> It is a Gateway e-4200, with a PII 350Mhz.
>
> The motherboard info I came up with
> (Jabil Pentium II 8x -- pt #4000407)
> says I can bump up to 384MB RAM (pc100)
>
> but I cannot find anywhere, what size processor
> it will allow. Can anyone here help me out?
>
> TIA.

83LowRider

"Brian H" wrote in message >
> Have you tried google?

Yes..
Google is mans' best friend

Shel-hed got me to a Gateway group,
where (as Mad Ad theorized) the consensus
seems to be a 450. Another poster had noted
that he was using a P700 with no problems. I
still didn't find a concrete answer, but am now
a 'bit' wiser... thanks to all.

Inquiry Death from Above MCSE 4 03-19-2006 08:47 AM
Response to Bilal's inquiry about the $2.25 M Bilal's cousin MCSE 3 02-13-2004 01:16 AM
Inquiry about a VHDL signal tracer tool... Debashish VHDL 3 08-08-2003 06:04 PM
Databinding Inquiry Leon Shaw ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 07:11 PM

Advertisments