Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Motherboard problem

Motherboard problem

Veldman

Hi,

I have an MSI motherboard, with a Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz

After 5 minutes in Windows XP, de computer starts to beep. The beep repeats
it's selve in about 5 minutes.

The temperature of the CPU is about 50C

Nothing strange about it, only the beep...

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

°Mike°

Award Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

AMI Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/amibeep.htm

AST Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/astbeep.htm

Compaq Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/compaqbeep.htm

Phoenix Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/phoenixbeep.htm

IBM Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/ibmbeep.htm

Quadtel Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/quadtelbeep.htm

Mylex Beep Codes
http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/mylexbeep.htm

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:40:26 +0100, in
<3fe3542d$0$150$(E-Mail Removed)>
Veldman scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ghostrider

Veldman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an MSI motherboard, with a Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz
>
> After 5 minutes in Windows XP, de computer starts to beep. The beep repeats
> it's selve in about 5 minutes.
>
> The temperature of the CPU is about 50C
>
> Nothing strange about it, only the beep...
>
> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

The beeping may be caused by the thermal alarm going off. While
50 deg C. is an OK, but slightly high, operating temperature for
the CPU, it is below the threshold for setting the thermal alarm,
which might be around 70 deg C. Go into bios setup and change the
thermal alarm threshold setting to perhaps 65 deg C.

M Mullen

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 20:40:26 +0100, "Veldman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Hi,
|>
|> I have an MSI motherboard, with a Intel Celeron 2,4 Ghz
|>
|> After 5 minutes in Windows XP, de computer starts to beep. The beep repeats
|> it's selve in about 5 minutes.
|>
|> The temperature of the CPU is about 50C
|>
|> Nothing strange about it, only the beep...
|>
|> CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

CPU coolers have different ways to tell you it's not working anymore. Might
check you CPU fan.
--
,,
( "> w