Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Its easy if you know what you're doing!!

Its easy if you know what you're doing!!

sunny

Help!
Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file are
come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.

What next please?

cheers

Brian H供

sunny said:

> Help!
> Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
> software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file are
> come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
>
> What next please?
>
> cheers

Find out what is wrong.

michael turner

sunny wrote:
> Help!
> Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
> software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file
> are come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
>
> What next please?

More details please....

e.g. make and model of soundcard, OS, exact text of error message

sunny

Cheers but heres some advice for you .....dont give up your day job! lol

"Brian H供" <(E-Mail Removed)-vine.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:AHBEb.6401$(E-Mail Removed)...
> sunny said:
>
> > Help!
> > Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
> > software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file

are
> > come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
> >
> > What next please?
> >
> > cheers

> Find out what is wrong.

sunny

Gamesurround CMedia 8738 win98se and message is simply Windows Media Player
encountered an unknown error. more info gives Error# C00D11CD

PS its magic at www.psitsmagic.co.uk

"michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JCCEb.17923$(E-Mail Removed)...
> sunny wrote:
> > Help!
> > Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
> > software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file
> > are come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
> >
> > What next please?

> More details please....
>
> e.g. make and model of soundcard, OS, exact text of error message

bb3

"sunny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:8QCEb.968$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gamesurround CMedia 8738 win98se and message is simply Windows Media

Player
> encountered an unknown error. more info gives Error# C00D11CD

http://makeashorterlink.com/?B2C712AD6 says that

http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html is a good place to start.
There are some other good links. Read through the thread. It's long,
but it looks like there are some good answers.

> "michael turner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:JCCEb.17923$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > sunny wrote:

<snip>

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

Brian H供 wrote:

> sunny said:

>>Help!
>>Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
>>software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file are
>>come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
>>What next please?

> Find out what is wrong.

(Blink) ooohhh, kay....

sunny? Assuming you're runing Windows 9x/ME.....

I'd suggest starting off with going into SafeMode, uninstall the sound
board, then reboot into normal mode and re-install.

If that don't wanna work, it might be Media Player's fault. Just be
careful of MP's updates. After 6.4 your updates force you to accept MS
Digital Rights Management (DRM), as well as grant additional "rights" to
your computer to MS.

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Brian H供

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ said:

> Brian H供 wrote:
>
>> sunny said:

>>> Help!
>>> Just installed a basic soundcard with drivers. Cd working fine in new
>>> software which came with card but not in media player, also mpg file are
>>> come up with no sound and some telling me an error has occurred.
>>> What next please?

>> Find out what is wrong.

> (Blink) ooohhh, kay....
>
> sunny? Assuming you're runing Windows 9x/ME.....
>
> I'd suggest starting off with going into SafeMode, uninstall the sound
> board, then reboot into normal mode and re-install.
>
> If that don't wanna work, it might be Media Player's fault. Just be
> careful of MP's updates. After 6.4 your updates force you to accept MS
> Digital Rights Management (DRM), as well as grant additional "rights" to
> your computer to MS.

Then again, he could be using AC97 onboard sound, hasn't installed the drivers,
not turned them on in BIOS.or..or..or.....
Without clear info second guessing is a waste of everyones time.