Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Advice for cross country skiers and snow shovelers.

Advice for cross country skiers and snow shovelers.

Po

Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the woods
who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.

The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this, but my
favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on clean
skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a few
minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at least.
Turns a death march into gliding.

For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking spray
or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come off.
Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather lots
of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

Liz

I prefer surfboard and beaches. Shark's fin soup also very good.

"Po" wrote:
> Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the woods
> who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.
>
> The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this, but my
> favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on clean
> skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a few
> minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at least.
> Turns a death march into gliding.
>
> For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking spray
> or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
> shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come off.
> Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather lots
> of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

Po

Got no surf.
Got no sharks.
All I gots is... damn. can't think of an ending.

here's some more advice for a girl I saw in a store yesterday. She had a bad
case of acne and a v neck blouse. Advice - If you have acne that looks like
a tiny pair of boobs right above your clevage, probably not a good day to
wear the v neck blouse.

"Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:SWuEb.42670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I prefer surfboard and beaches. Shark's fin soup also very good.
>
> "Po" wrote:
> > Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the

woods
> > who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.
> >
> > The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this,

but my
> > favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on

clean
> > skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a

few
> > minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at

least.
> > Turns a death march into gliding.
> >
> > For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking

spray
> > or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
> > shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come

off.
> > Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather

lots
> > of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

Liz

I seriously doubt that tiny boobs above your friend's cleavage
is acne, tumors can grow just about anywhere. My advice to you
is to see a doctor for help.

"Po" wrote:
> Got no surf.
> Got no sharks.
> All I gots is... damn. can't think of an ending.
>

> here's some more advice for a girl I saw in a store yesterday. She had a bad
> case of acne and a v neck blouse. Advice - If you have acne that looks like
> a tiny pair of boobs right above your clevage, probably not a good day to
> wear the v neck blouse.
>
> "Liz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:SWuEb.42670$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I prefer surfboard and beaches. Shark's fin soup also very good.
> >
> > "Po" wrote:
> > > Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the
> > > woods who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ

> "Po" wrote:
>
>>Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the woods
>>who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.
>>
>>The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this, but my
>>favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on clean
>>skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a few
>>minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at least.
>>Turns a death march into gliding.
>>
>>For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking spray
>>or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
>>shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come off.
>>Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather lots
>>of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

Silicone Lubricant does wonders on shovels and snow throwers....
Speaking from Experience here - I live in "Ski Country" outside Buffalo, NY.

BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
(BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

Brian H

BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ said:

>> "Po" wrote:
>>
>>> Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the woods
>>> who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.
>>>
>>> The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this, but my
>>> favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on clean
>>> skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a few
>>> minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at least.
>>> Turns a death march into gliding.
>>>
>>> For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking spray
>>> or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
>>> shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come off.
>>> Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather lots
>>> of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

> Silicone Lubricant does wonders on shovels and snow throwers....
> Speaking from Experience here - I live in "Ski Country" outside Buffalo, NY.

Snow throwers?
Ain't they kids?

M Mullen

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 04:05:22 GMT, "Po" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

|> Nobody has asked, but the last few days I've run into people in the woods
|> who have a problem with snow sticking to their no wax X country skis.
|>
|> The solution is simple. There are various products to deal with this, but my
|> favorite is Maxiglide, which is liquid and has teflon in it. Rub it on clean
|> skis or remove the ice and then rub it on. They say you should wait a few
|> minutes, but it'll work even if you don't. Good for about 6 miles at least.
|> Turns a death march into gliding.
|>
|> For snow shovels you can also use Maxiglide or you can use Pam cooking spray
|> or even olive oil or something like that. It's annoying when you're
|> shoveling and lifting the same snow over and over because it won't come off.
|> Some of the new plastic shovels have formed reinforcements that gather lots
|> of snow and thats where a spray can easily get in.

Thank you!

I'm having a problem getting my boots into the bindings. Snow cakes to the heel
and adds to much height to set them in.

I'll give wax or Pam a try on them, and walk carefully

--
,,
( "> w