Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Which firewall?

Which firewall?

BasketCase

Will run best with windows xp and ie 6 ? I seem to recall reading that
(kerio?) a certain firewall conflilicted with nortons anti virus which is
also installed on this comp. I don't want to just jump in and take my
chances as it isn't my comp and I am doing this for a friend. Any advice
appreciate.

Danny & Marie

www.zonealarm.com

free download

"BasketCase" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brt0m4$8u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will run best with windows xp and ie 6 ? I seem to recall reading that
> (kerio?) a certain firewall conflilicted with nortons anti virus which is
> also installed on this comp. I don't want to just jump in and take my
> chances as it isn't my comp and I am doing this for a friend. Any advice
> appreciate.

BasketCase

"BasketCase" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brt0m4$8u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will run best with windows xp and ie 6 ? I seem to recall reading that
> (kerio?) a certain firewall conflilicted with nortons anti virus which is
> also installed on this comp. I don't want to just jump in and take my
> chances as it isn't my comp and I am doing this for a friend. Any advice
> appreciate.

P.S. and the simplier to configure the better as they are a novice ( and I
aint much better )

°Mike°

Outpost 2.0
Outpost 1.0 (free)
www.agnitum.com/download/outpost1.html
Outpost Firewall Guide
http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm
AGNIS for Outpost: Outpost Ad Block List
http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm#Outpost

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:54:53 -0000, in
<brt0m4$8u9$(E-Mail Removed)>
BasketCase scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SlowwHand

"BasketCase" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brt0m4$8u9$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Will run best with windows xp and ie 6 ? I seem to recall reading that
> (kerio?) a certain firewall conflilicted with nortons anti virus which is
> also installed on this comp. I don't want to just jump in and take my
> chances as it isn't my comp and I am doing this for a friend. Any advice
> appreciate.
>
> Put me in the Zone Alarm crowd.

Mr.SlippyFist

Since you already have NAV on that computer i would suggest Norton Internet
Security.