Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > uploading webpages

uploading webpages

samuel kayongo

hi,
This wat i get when i try to access this web page i've just uploaded.Can
someone assist pliz.
Index of /
Name Last modified Size Description
----
Parent Directory 13-Dec-2003 20:24 -
kayongo.htm 17-Dec-2003 21:10 2k

----

Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.btinternet.com Port

Brian H供

samuel kayongo said:

> hi,
> This wat i get when i try to access this web page i've just uploaded.Can
> someone assist pliz.
> Index of /
> Name Last modified Size Description
> ----
> Parent Directory 13-Dec-2003 20:24 -
> kayongo.htm 17-Dec-2003 21:10 2k

> ----
>
> Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.btinternet.com Port
> 80

So what's your problem?
You are seeing the contents of the folder.
Now, should you wish to see the index page load to screen, try renaming your
index page to index.htm or index.html
ie rename kayongo.htm to index.htm or kayongo.html

Brian H供

Brian H供 said:

> samuel kayongo said:
>
>> hi,
>> This wat i get when i try to access this web page i've just uploaded.Can
>> someone assist pliz.
>> Index of /
>> Name Last modified Size Description
>> ----
>> Parent Directory 13-Dec-2003 20:24 -
>> kayongo.htm 17-Dec-2003 21:10 2k

>> ----
>>
>> Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.btinternet.com Port
>> 80

> So what's your problem?
> You are seeing the contents of the folder.
> Now, should you wish to see the index page load to screen, try renaming your
> index page to index.htm or index.html
> ie rename kayongo.htm to index.htm or kayongo.html

er, that should have read or index.html ofcourse.

Tina - AffordableHOST.com

Most likely, you need to upload your index.html file.

--Tina
--
http://www.AffordableHOST.com
20% Discount Code: newsgroup

"samuel kayongo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brstpl$kfs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> This wat i get when i try to access this web page i've just uploaded.Can
> someone assist pliz.
> Index of /
> Name Last modified Size Description

> ----
> Parent Directory 13-Dec-2003 20:24 -
> kayongo.htm 17-Dec-2003 21:10 2k

> ----
>
> Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.btinternet.com

Port
> 80

L Beck

"samuel kayongo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:brstpl$kfs$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi,
> This wat i get when i try to access this web page i've just uploaded.Can
> someone assist pliz.
> Index of /
> Name Last modified Size Description

> ----
> Parent Directory 13-Dec-2003 20:24 -
> kayongo.htm 17-Dec-2003 21:10 2k

> ----

Most all server that host web pages want to see the main page named either
index.htm (or index.html) or default.htm (or default.html). Change the name
of kayongo.htm to whatever your server requires as a mail page name. If
they don't tell you on their website, give them a call and ask them.

> Stronghold/2.4.2 Apache/1.3.6 C2NetEU/2410 Server at www.btinternet.com

Port
> 80

癕ike

You will get a directory listing if you don't have an index.html or index.htm
file in that folder.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 19:05:25 +0000 (UTC), in
<brstpl$kfs$(E-Mail Removed)>
samuel kayongo scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Max Quordlepleen

癕ike <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> You will get a directory listing if you don't have an index.html or index.htm
> file in that folder.

I'm rather fond of my index.html

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3

癕ike

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:47:00 +1300, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

>癕ike <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> You will get a directory listing if you don't have an index.html or index.htm
>> file in that folder.

>I'm rather fond of my index.html

I had to look at the source -- marqees don't work in my setup.

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD

Max Quordlepleen

癕ike <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I had to look at the source -- marqees don't work in my setup.

When I wrote it, they didn't work in my browser either - I wrote it
with a specific person in mind, whom I knew to be an IE user.

--
Registered Linux User 297164
GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
http://maxqnz.com/References.html

癕ike

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:05:42 +1300, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Max Quordlepleen scrawled:

>癕ike <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>> I had to look at the source -- marqees don't work in my setup.

>When I wrote it, they didn't work in my browser either - I wrote it
>with a specific person in mind, whom I knew to be an IE user.

I'm an IE user (occasionally Mozilla), and I just reset everything to
default. It still doesn't work, yet this one does:
http://cis.arc.losrios.edu/~w0682230/blink.html

--
STGP, OGPE24HSHD