Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > GoBack - Win98 Machine Stuck on "Press Spacebar" Screen

GoBack - Win98 Machine Stuck on "Press Spacebar" Screen

Paul Cross

This is a Windows 98 machine with GoBack installed (not sure which
version, installed about 1 and a half yrs ago). During boot things get
stuck on the GoBack popup screen called "Protected by GoBack" that
advises you to "Press SPACEBAR to repair problems or see other boot
options". Hangs indefinitely.

I can get into Setup (F2) but don't see anything that would allow me
to bypass the GoBack screeen (which after escaping Setup appears again
and hangs again).

Can anyone offer up some things to try?
Thanks.
-- Paul Cross

Boomer

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Paul Cross) wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> This is a Windows 98 machine with GoBack installed (not sure which
> version, installed about 1 and a half yrs ago). During boot things
> get stuck on the GoBack popup screen called "Protected by GoBack"
> that advises you to "Press SPACEBAR to repair problems or see
> other boot options". Hangs indefinitely.
>
> I can get into Setup (F2) but don't see anything that would allow
> me to bypass the GoBack screeen (which after escaping Setup
> appears again and hangs again).
>
> Can anyone offer up some things to try?
> Thanks.
> -- Paul Cross