Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sygate Firewall

Sygate Firewall

rfdjr1@optonline.net

Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Mike in Ohio

I am using Sygate. I am happy with it.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
> looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
> downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
> Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Scrote

Tony who knows nothing wrote,

Works well for me on 2K server, XP pro on network computers. Even I
haven't been able to cock it up.....so far!

semper in excrementum sum, solo profundus variat......touch wood.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
> looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
> downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
> Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

@}-}-------Rosee

I am quite pleased....;o)

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) chiseled in stone, the following words
news:(E-Mail Removed):

--
@}-}-------Rosee http://www.southerncaucus.org/hk18.htm
www.freedonation.com www.hungersite.com

rfdjr1@optonline.net

What are it's benefits over Zone Alarm if any?

>Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
>looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
>downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
>Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

robert andrews

are you using windows xp? if so it has its own firewall that works ver good.
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
> looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
> downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
> Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

rfdjr1@optonline.net

I'm running Windows 98SE on this system.

>are you using windows xp? if so it has its own firewall that works ver good.
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
>> looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
>> downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
>> Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

Brian H

(E-Mail Removed) said:

> I'm running Windows 98SE on this system.

Go for Outpost, it is sooooo easy.

>> are you using windows xp? if so it has its own firewall that works ver good.
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
>>> looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
>>> downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
>>> Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

SJR

I'm using Sygate Pro and haven't had any problems with it. Tried Zone Alarm
but didn't like it.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> What are it's benefits over Zone Alarm if any?
>
> >Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
> >looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
> >downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
> >Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

[ Doc Jeff ]

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:18:23 -0500, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

>Anyone have any experience or opinions of this firewall program? I'm
>looking to dump Zone Alarm, as I think it's causing me problems. I've
>downloaded the free Sygate 5.5 program, but before I uninstall Zone
>Alarm and install Sygate, I'd like to hear some feedback. Thanks.

I've not had a single problem with Sygate (pro or free). Win98SE here.
Works like a charm.