Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re-formatting a Toshiba laptop without a Recovery Disk?

Re-formatting a Toshiba laptop without a Recovery Disk?

Craig

I have been given an old second-hand (Windows 95) Toshiba laptop
(430CDS), without a recovery disk.

I do have a regular Windows 95 CD and wonder if I make a boot disk
with CD support for the laptop whether I could then re-install the
operating system with the W95 CD.

The Toshiba site has plenty of drivers available for download for this
old laptop so I won't miss out there.

So, will my idea of using a regular W95 CD work?

Paul - xxx

Craig posted ...

> I have been given an old second-hand (Windows 95) Toshiba laptop
> (430CDS), without a recovery disk.
>
> I do have a regular Windows 95 CD and wonder if I make a boot disk
> with CD support for the laptop whether I could then re-install the
> operating system with the W95 CD.
>
> The Toshiba site has plenty of drivers available for download for this
> old laptop so I won't miss out there.
>
> So, will my idea of using a regular W95 CD work?

Yes .. it did for my old Tosh, but W98SE works way better on it, especially
if you up the stock memory too ...

Drivers are easy to get, as you say, for all standard components in the
laptop, from Toshiba themselves ..

--
Paul