Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Last Search Saved below

Last Search Saved below

Martial323

It seems that recently, Google saves the last search in a drop down
menu. Can this feature be shut off / disabled?

best, M/

Unk

On 17 Dec 2003 19:22:28 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Martial323) wrote:

>It seems that recently, Google saves the last search in a drop down
>menu. Can this feature be shut off / disabled?
>
>best, M/

It's IE that saves it, not Google.

From Internet Explorer click "Tools", "Internet Options" or
Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, "Internet Options"

Click the "Advanced" tab. Scroll down to "Browsing",
uncheck "Use Inline Autocomplete for Web Addresses" and
uncheck "Use Inline Autocomplete for Windows Explorer"

Click "Content" tab, under the "Personal Information" section,
click the "AutoComplete" button, uncheck what you don't want.
To clear the "Auto Complete History", click the "Clear Forms" button.

How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer 5 and 6
http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;q217148

Barry

If you have downloaded the Google toolbar, this is on the help pages -

Remember last search type - Search type refers to the kinds of searches
you see when you click the drop-down arrow next to Search Web on the
Toolbar. Select this option if you want the Toolbar to remember the type
of search you selected here, especially if it was something other than a
web search. (e.g. Current Site, Google Images, I'm Feeling Lucky, etc.)

HTH

Barry

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...