Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I remove Critical Update Info?

How do I remove Critical Update Info?

Barry

How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
relish interruption.

I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates

Barry

--
Please remove (Unwanted) before any reply

why?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:05 GMT, "Barry"
<bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote:

>How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
>appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
>relish interruption.

Any particular OS?

Win 2000 - Control Panel / Automatic Updates

Win XP - search the Help and Support, on the update service in
Sontrol Panel / Services.

<snip>

Me

meeeeee

> How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
> appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
> relish interruption.
>
> I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
> updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
>
> Barry
>

> --
> Please remove (Unwanted) before any reply

I think this is what your after:-

View System Information,
Automatic Updates,
And go from there.

---
That poor Lally, must be in a right state.
The amount of people that go Do-Lally.

Unknown

Don't use automatic updates.
"Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> wrote in message
news:BY2Eb.2378$(E-Mail Removed)...
> How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification from
> appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something and don't
> relish interruption.
>
> I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
> updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
>
> Barry
>

> --
> Please remove (Unwanted) before any reply

°Mike°

Control Panel / System / Automatic Updates tab.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:05 GMT, in
<BY2Eb.2378$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Patrick

Barry wrote:
> How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification
> from appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something
> and don't relish interruption.
>
> I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
> updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
>
> Barry

Presumeing Windows XP(HE)

click 'start' button
click 'Control Panel'
double-click 'System' icon
select 'Automatic Updates' tab

Barry

Thank you all and the concensus of opinion is Start/Settings/Control
Panel/System but then it's General/Device Manager/Hardware
Profiles/Performance

I don't have an Automatic Updates tab or section.

Barry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Control Panel / System / Automatic Updates tab.

IC

Barry wrote:
> Thank you all and the concensus of opinion is Start/Settings/Control
> Panel/System but then it's General/Device Manager/Hardware
> Profiles/Performance
>
> I don't have an Automatic Updates tab or section.
>
> Barry

That's because you didn't include your operating system and most people
would assume that it's XP.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Control Panel / System / Automatic Updates tab.

°Mike°

Then include your operating system when you post a query.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:29:14 GMT, in
<eF5Eb.5868$(E-Mail Removed)>
"Barry" <bernard.verona@(Unwanted)cgocable.ca> scrawled:

>Thank you all and the concensus of opinion is Start/Settings/Control
>Panel/System but then it's General/Device Manager/Hardware
>Profiles/Performance
>
>I don't have an Automatic Updates tab or section.
>
>Barry

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Control Panel / System / Automatic Updates tab.

--
Basic computer maintenance

KnightTripper

If you have Windows 9x Double click "Task Scheduler" in the system tray look
for "Windows Critical Update Notification" click on it and on the task tab
at the bottom uncheck where it says "Enabled" and click apply. If you want
to enable it in the future just recheck it.

GoodLuck!!
KnightTripper

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:5s4Eb.5433$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Barry wrote:
> > How can I remove Microsoft Critical Update Information notification
> > from appearing on my PC when I am in the middle of doing something
> > and don't relish interruption.
> >
> > I use IE6 and am aware of the consequences but prefer to check for
> > updates at my convenience and not that of Bill gates
> >
> > Barry

> Presumeing Windows XP(HE)
>
> click 'start' button
> click 'Control Panel'
> double-click 'System' icon
> select 'Automatic Updates' tab

Using template in safety-critical system (flight critical system) aeromarine C++ 15 02-18-2008 09:09 AM
A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols fromthe Bookshelf Symbol 7 font SchoolTech NZ Computing 5 02-03-2006 08:00 AM
Re: Check this critical update for Internet Explorer Matt North VHDL 0 10-20-2003 07:14 AM
Taste critical update Jaime MCSD 0 09-26-2003 08:24 PM
MS Critical Update #822925 Breaks Visual Studio .NET Andy ASP .Net 0 08-21-2003 11:09 AM

Advertisments